CRESTWOOD CLOSURE PENDING

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

CRESTWOOD CLOSURE PENDING

Post by Bob »

Bob is surrounded by reporters, outside of Crestwood Avenue. Police cars and tape have blocked off both sides of the road. Bob clears his throat, then makes a statement:
"You are all aware of the crises that have hit our town's economy over the past years: the depression that led to a historically bad unemployment rate, the closure of the stock exchange, the changes in ownership and eventual collapse of the Town bank. With supply issues, there haven't been many goods to purchase in stores, and it'd be hard to buy them if there were; between counterfeiting, mass robbery, and the circumstances behind the recent currency recalls, it feels difficult to find a legitimate dollar in the Town here anymore. It is an understatement to say that we owe much to the generosity of the town's patrons who have kept our institutions going during this hard time, at their own expense."

"I'm not saying this as a prelude to running for office. Rather, I am convinced that these happenings were not accidental or unplanned, and as your new Chief of Police, I can tell you that we are beginning an extensive investigation into these matters."

"But on our business here today, you can see that Crestwood Avenue has taken the brunt of the trouble. Most of the buildings here, for companies that have been forced to close their doors, have fallen into disrepair and have become both a safety hazard and an eyesore. As such, I'm announcing that we are beginning the process of closing down this section of town to the public, until such a time as the economy is healthy enough to support its renovation. The city administration believes this is essential to serve and protect our community."

"Thanks for your time and attention."
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

okay, but technically you can keep my shop open because my insults have been, and always will be, free.
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Don't worry, your booth can be relocated Steve. It's just the storefront area that is being temporarily closed off.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

bookworm wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:23 pm Don't worry, your booth can be relocated Steve. It's just the storefront area that is being temporarily closed off.
Looks more like a dilapidated tent to me.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was trying to be polite.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Fair point. I guess I'm so used to seeing the shopping district in disrepair that I didn't think before speaking. My apologies Sir. @Steve.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Bren wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:16 pm
bookworm wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:23 pm Don't worry, your booth can be relocated Steve. It's just the storefront area that is being temporarily closed off.
Looks more like a dilapidated tent to me.
the dilapidated tent is also my home. turns out, it's very hard to afford a home when you give your product away for free.
he/him | a little stinker.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Nobody visited my artwork store anymore, and actually one of the first things I did upon my return last fall was to remove the link to my store in my signature line.
Nowadays I don't use Photoshop; I use Inkscape (vector graphics) and I probably can't replicate a lot of what I did in the past.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: