A non-secret topic that I post in

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

A non-secret topic that I post in

Post by Bob »

This is a topic for general conversation that can go off-topic, just like on IRC. ;)

The mayoral team is working on a surprise that I think could slightly please many of you. I'll give a hint: this change is long overdue.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Oh, so we're finally gonna get that like button then? \:D/ O:)
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Pirate Oriana wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:45 pm Oh, so we're finally gonna get that like button then? \:D/ O:)
:noway:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Pirate Oriana wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:45 pm Oh, so we're finally gonna get that like button then? \:D/ O:)
I said, a change that was overdue. ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Let's do this like a business (bleh).

Do you have a rollback plan for your surprise, in case it fails or is unwanted or has unintended side effects?
Do you have sign-off from at least 3 department heads?
Have you filed a change request with the board?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

KODY 105 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:37 pm Let's do this like a business (bleh).

Do you have a rollback plan for your surprise, in case it fails or is unwanted or has unintended side effects?
Do you have sign-off from at least 3 department heads?
Have you filed a change request with the board?
Nope. :mrgreen:

It was the rank list, so it would've been trivial to change it to something else if we needed to, but I didn't anticipate it being a problem. I didn't see the need to get explicit permission either, because I felt it is established as precedent that this is permissible, given that many mayoral teams have made this change before.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

You said off topic is ok, so...

What is your favorite part of being CoP so far?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Fame, prestige, power!

I think the main advantage (and maybe the main disadvantage) of being on the mayoral staff is that the things you do and say are always taken seriously. If you make a lot of topics as a regular member, you're a spammer ;) ; if you do it as a staff member, you're 'driving activity'. In and of ourselves, we don't really have the ability to change major things on the forum (for excellent reasons I can discuss if anyone is interested, although many of you longtime members already know), but because of the mandate we have (by virtue of our election) to implement our platform and change things, our ideas are always on the inside track, and we can help get other people's suggestions there too. You don't need to be a staff member to have an impact on the forum's future, but the job does have a multiplier effect, and I like making a difference.