Why Are You Here?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Why Are You Here?

Post by Bren »

What keeps you coming back here repeatedly? Is it a particular forum? A friend you've made here?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

I am here because snubs told me I should sign up. (thank you snubs) You all keep me here! I like the organization aspect of the ToO, but more than that I just enjoy everyone on here! :D But also, since I'm a mod, that's another reason for me to come back repeatedly
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I got drafted. ;)

The main reason why I got on in the first place is because it was an Adventures in Odyssey forum. I was a big AIO fan for a long time, and I've always been a big forum fan, so the two went well together. I may not be as big of an Odyssey fan as I used to be, but the things that are conducive to being an AIO forum are also conducive to being a place that I like generally: I can expect that there's not going to be a lot of bad content, etc. - so I still generally feel okay about being here. It's easier to get acclimated at some forums than others, and while we can never be fully satisfied with where we're at, I feel this is one of the easier ones to settle into.

I also admit a liking for the Town "RP" concept, even if it isn't as strong today as it was when the forum came out. It adds a little zest that an ordinary forum doesn't have. In retrospect I'm a bit regretful of the fact that I spent my teen years online somewhere else, when phpBB2 was going strong here. ;)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

One of my big reasons for staying is that many of you feel like family. This place has been part of my life for almost 14 years, and I can't imagine life without it.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

I'm here because I love Adventures in Odyssey and I found the Soda Shop to be a little too slow sometimes. :mrgreen: Even though I'm socially awkward both online and in person, I feel that I've made a few friends on here and it's nice to be part of a group that loves Odyssey. I know I'm weird but I think everyone worth hanging around is at least a little weird. It's awesome to have a place online to hang out and I've been a little lonely going through college, so it means the world to me, even if I'm not the most active. Thanks to Catspaw in particular for being a good new friend. I might be a little bit of a troll sometimes, but never to be mean, I just have a weird sense of humor and I like to share weird stories that have happened to me.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Patterson wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:10 pm I'm here because I love Adventures in Odyssey and I found the Soda Shop to be a little too slow sometimes. :mrgreen: Even though I'm socially awkward both online and in person, I feel that I've made a few friends on here and it's nice to be part of a group that loves Odyssey. I know I'm weird but I think everyone worth hanging around is at least a little weird. It's awesome to have a place online to hang out and I've been a little lonely going through college, so it means the world to me, even if I'm not the most active. Thanks to Catspaw in particular for being a good new friend. I might be a little bit of a troll sometimes, but never to be mean, I just have a weird sense of humor and I like to share weird stories that have happened to me.
Aww, that's nice of you to say, Patterson. :D I'm a little suspicious of anyone who seems too normal - bring on the weird stories! ;)

The ToO has been part of my life for so long now that it just wouldn't feel right not to be here! There are so many great memories from the past, and friends old and new, that are here on the ToO.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I come around like every year to bother people for a week or so. Then I disappear until the next year.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Catspaw wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:17 pm There are so many great memories from the past,
and friends old and new,
that are here on the ToO.
That is a lovely poem, Catspaw. :sniff:

I joined the ToO because I had a few friends who were members and I wanted a place to talk about AIO. I can't believe I've been here almost ten years already! The ToO is one of the kindest and most welcoming communities I've ever encountered on the internet, and that's enough to keep me coming back around, even if I don't post that frequently.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Petrichor wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:48 pm
Catspaw wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:17 pm There are so many great memories from the past,
and friends old and new,

I joined the ToO because I had a few friends who were members and I wanted a place to talk about AIO. I can't believe I've been here almost ten years already! The ToO is one of the kindest and most welcoming communities I've ever encountered on the internet, and that's enough to keep me coming back around, even if I don't post that frequently.
Wow, now that you mention it Petrichor, that could be considered a poem. I never say ToO like "too" so I actually didn't intend it that way, but once you called it a poem and changed the line spacing, I was amazed at my own genius! :lol:
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

i like being annoying here and i think i'm pretty good at it!
he/him | a little stinker.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Catspaw wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:32 pm
Petrichor wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:48 pm
and friends old and new,

Wow, now that you mention it Petrichor, that could be considered a poem. I never say ToO like "too" so I actually didn't intend it that way, but once you called it a poem and changed the line spacing, I was amazed at my own genius! :lol:
I'm trying to remember who I met in real life who pronounced ToO like "too," and it sounded so weird to me. I think I've always mentally pronounced it "too-oh" or something to that effect that wouldn't make any sense if I actually said it out loud. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

jelly wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:48 am
Catspaw wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:32 pm Wow, now that you mention it Petrichor, that could be considered a poem. I never say ToO like "too" so I actually didn't intend it that way, but once you called it a poem and changed the line spacing, I was amazed at my own genius! :lol:
I'm trying to remember who I met in real life who pronounced ToO like "too," and it sounded so weird to me. I think I've always mentally pronounced it "too-oh" or something to that effect that wouldn't make any sense if I actually said it out loud. :P
I don't know quite when I switched to saying it as "too," since I definitely used to pronounce it "tee-oh-oh" in my head. I suppose it must have started when I met a ToOer in person and they pronounced it as "too." I guess I just thought it was the norm. :-k
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

For the record, I think I've always pronounced it "too". I don't like spelling out acronyms, though.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Yes, I think of it as an acronym rather than an initialism. I suppose that's where the different schools of thought come in.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I pronounce it "Too" too to people nearby. But otherwise I say "The Too." I was here at my beginning to discuss AIO and have the highest post count. How ironic that it was during an AIO hiatus and then I fizzled out right before the 2011 resumption of the show.
But I'm back for now, so let's see how long this interest lasts this time!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

If I'm doing shorthand talk it's always tea oh oh.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Steve wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:27 pm i like being annoying here and i think i'm pretty good at it!
ditto
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I like how FM has become my outlet for discussing all kinds of things I face as an adult.

I actually remembered my birthday on the right day this year.
ImageImageImage
logos linked