15,000 posts!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

15,000 posts!

Post by bookworm »

I have made my 15,000th post! :thud:

This actually happened quite a while back I guess, but I only just noticed it. Doing a rough backward calculation, I believe the post in question was made soon after we came back online from the forum upgrade so I'm guessing that during the extended downtime I had forgotten the milestone was so near and so wasn't paying attention to catch it when we were finally back up and posting again.

I wanted to still make this thread anyway because I've been marking every thousand milestone reached since 10,000 and certainly didn't want to skip one as significant as this. This is something I never could have even imagined back when I first joined the community!

With no money system we can't have a traditional celebratory giveaway, so this is just noting the achievement for posterity I guess.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Post counts have been on my mind lately, so I did notice this. I couldn't think of anything clever to say, though.

It's pretty rare for people to get this many posts on any forum at any point in time, but I suspect it's more rare nowadays, when instant chat is a thing and siphons away attention. I looked over the list, and there aren't really people who are both active and in danger of matching you. Bren seemed closest (which is why I mentioned him in the other thread, besides the obvious pun on the rank), and he's really not close.

Your rank (if it wasn't custom) would say "I was here from the beginning". That might not be strictly accurate, but 16 years is still a very long time, and you've certainly helped the community look back to the beginning!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just saw that you had initiated a pre-celebration back when this event had been more topical; thanks Bob! :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'll be lucky if I get to 9,000. :lol:

Congrats, bookworm! I'm glad you reached this milestone a while ago before actually making this post because that would have been insane if you made nearly 400 posts over five days. I almost lost it for a second. Baha.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

snubs wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:52 amI'm glad you reached this milestone a while ago before actually making this post because that would have been insane if you made nearly 400 posts over five days. I almost lost it for a second. Baha.
:lol: Maybe I shouldn't have explained that and seen how people reacted. :P