Death on the Nile (2022)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Death on the Nile (2022)

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Looks like fun! I've seen assorted TV ads but hadn't actually seen the whole trailer until now. I'm not familiar with the plotline or the book, and I do love trying to solve mysteries in books and movies. I might see this in theatres with a couple of friends who are Agatha Christie fans.

The title also never fails to remind me of my favourite Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Supermystery, "Secrets of the Nile." It's a classic...or at least a beloved childhood memory. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I know nothing about this story so I'll be watching this as a fully new experience for both the movie and the mystery. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just watched this movie today and felt kind of meh about it. I did successfully call a major plot point, which I like, but as a whole I didn't love it. It wasn't bad, just not amazing. I think I missed a few things at the beginning. I decided I needed subtitles because either the accents or volume or something wasn't right and I missed a few words, and then it took forever to figure out how to do that on the Disney Plus app on my TV since it was far less convenient than some other platforms (not sure if the fault goes to my TV or Disney or what.) It was easier to keep track of things with subtitles. There was also a bit of content stuff that was unnecessary. Not a ton, just enough to be annoying.

I did read my own prior post in this thread with amusement, since the book I referenced last February is exactly what I thought about as I watched the beginning of the movie. :lol: Good to know that I'm consistently me? ;)
I haven't read the book or heard spoilers, to the best of my knowledge, and very quickly wondered if it was all a set-up to play the long game to get the fortune, which turned out to be correct. Maybe Agatha Christie had a great plotline that's been done enough since then that it seemed like a possibility, or the way that it was shot hinted at something not quite right, or maybe I'm just a genius detective myself! \:D/