Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

Post by bookworm »

The sequel to this is coming out soon, did anyone watch this first movie?

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw it a few years ago. It isn't super memorable to me. I remember liking it, just not loving it enough to watch again. I've been thinking about it because I keep seeing ads for the new movie that you mentioned, bookworm. I've always thought I should read the book, since it's one of the most famous books by Agatha Christie, which says a lot considering how famous her books are, but I just haven't ever gotten around to it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I saw this back when it first came out.

Mysteries have always been the primary genre I read, but somehow Agatha Christie is an author I've never gotten around to. I'm really surprised about that and definitely mean to remedy it at some point, but haven't yet. Despite not reading any of her books firsthand I do know the stories of a few of her works, and this is one of them - however for some reason going into this movie I forgot I knew this one.

It only came to me at the last moment that I remembered the solution. Literally seconds before the on screen reveal I suddenly thought "Wait, is this the one where
everyone is guilty?"
and then sure enough that's what he said. So I actually got to watch the movie unspoiled, which was nice.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I saw Murder on the Orient Express (2017). It wasn't as good as the 1970s version, and I barely tolerate the 1970s' artistic output. I must have seen the 1970s' version as a kid, because I
too recognized that "everyone is guilty, right?" before the ending was revealed.
I think the previous Hercule Poirot was better than Kenneth Brannaugh's. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Agatha Christie (And Then There Were None is an exception).
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think the spoiler in the last two posts is one of those things that's in pop culture to the extent that it's been used lots of places so it's familiar even if you haven't read the book or seen the movie. Something similar happened to me because I know I've seen it spoofed or referenced other places.