New Season Celebrations!

What will you do?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Taq
A great mapmaker

New Season Celebrations!

Post by Taq »

I am sure excited for the start of the new AIO season. If I recall correctly, we will be listening to "Back to Abnormal" next week, followed by a three-parter, "Prisoners of Fear". I know I'll be checking early and often to see if the links have been activated.

I was curious if anyone has any rituals or special things they will do to celebrate the new season.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Going on Oneplace.com... :anxious:

...with a smile.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Well, uh... I'm leaving for DC that day... :hiding:

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Itaque wrote:I am sure excited for the start of the new AIO season. If I recall correctly, we will be listening to "Back to Abnormal" next week, followed by a three-parter, "Prisoners of Fear". I know I'll be checking early and often to see if the links have been activated.
Same here. I can't wait! \:D/
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I'm actually really frusterated. It's a weekn before the new season, and technically, officially, we've gotten no information whatsoever.

I mean, how do we officially KNOW that those episodes are NOT bogus and NOT made up by some evil do-er!

Process that!

I'm waiting for some info in Whitsend.org as well as the AIOHQ! Now, when's it gonna be?!?

I'm partially kidding, but it seems things are pretty slow before the new season. I'd like to have a list of several upcoming episodes and one of those neat 'one sentence' summaries that are supposedly to hold you at the edge of your seats...

BC
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I will probably bake a cake or something. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The BC wrote:I'm actually really frusterated. It's a weekn before the new season, and technically, officially, we've gotten no information whatsoever.

I mean, how do we officially KNOW that those episodes are NOT bogus and NOT made up by some evil do-er!

Process that!

I'm waiting for some info in Whitsend.org as well as the AIOHQ! Now, when's it gonna be?!?

I'm partially kidding,
Kidding or not, I feel the same way. I was sure we'd know something by now.

-Jonathan
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Me too!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was thinking that the other day, too - I think that last year we had more info about the start of the new season, and were therefore more pumped up about it. Right now we don't know much, and there haven't been any sound clips or anything, so it's harder to get all psyched.

That said, I am still looking forward to the new season! \:D/ I have an event to attend on October 1 that makes the title of "Back to Abnormal" almost prophetic (unfortunately :( ) but it will still be a good day, due to being able to her some new AIO! :D
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

It better have hockey in it or I will complain by only listening to it twice. :x

Only a week to Odyssey and 11 days to hockey! =P~
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I'm gonna write out a huge long review!!!!! Yeah!!!!! \:D/
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I'll probably listen on Oneplace.com
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm about to start a new tradition... smile as I download the mp3. :)

:thewave:
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks so much, Nathan Hoobler! You made my day! \:D/

The clip was a nice setup for whatever Eugene will have happen to him in "Back to Abnormal." Poor Eugene!

Was it just me, or did that guy sound kind of like Armitage Shanks? :-s The voice sounded kind of familiar. Or maybe like the evil professor in "The Perfect Witness."

Some of those upcoming titles sound so good! And we get two Christmas episodes! \:D/ I am so pumped!

"Tales of a Small-Town Thug" has so much potential! What if it's Richard Maxwell?! :-k I mean, it probably isn't, but we can hope, can't we? More likely it's about Rodney, but you never know!

"Always" also sounds great! It could be about so many things, but the title sounds like it has great potential to be a serious ep to love for years to come! I hope it's wonderful, whatever it's about!

*was interrupted in the posting process earlier because my gleeful remarks attracted the attention of the girl across the hall,and I had to go explain my joy for the upcoming season* O:)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

If I remember correctly Always is about the Shepards.

And I too am extremly pumped for this new season. As far as I've seen this season has the greatest potential since Novacom.

-Jonathan
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

This season does indeed look totally exciting! I can't wait!!!! :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Thanks Nathan!! Now I really can't wait!! \:D/
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Catspaw wrote:
Some of those upcoming titles sound so good! And we get two Christmas episodes! \:D/ I am so pumped!

"Tales of a Small-Town Thug" has so much potential! What if it's Richard Maxwell?! :-k I mean, it probably isn't, but we can hope, can't we? More likely it's about Rodney, but you never know!

"Always" also sounds great! It could be about so many things, but the title sounds like it has great potential to be a serious ep to love for years to come! I hope it's wonderful, whatever it's about!
This piece kinda summed up my feelings for the series. As always; I will give my overall impression;

"Back to Abnormal"
Again, the 'everyone seems to have a 'stupidity quirk' comes into play with the first preview. I wasn't too impressed, however, I think the episode could be quite good. With everything with Malachi's message of working at the college, and his life's work there, it seems almost silly that they weren't using sadder music to help the tone. Needless to say, they were using 'slice of life' music for it. This is quite serious; Eugene lost his life-time employement...like...I'm a bit confused here.

"Prisonners of Fear" When I heard about the trip, I was expecting it to be a bit of Eugene needing to know exactly what happened to his parents. So, I was hoping for a trip to South America. Nevertheless, this has potential to be a great episode, as long as it's emotional, powerful and dramatic as the title is.

"The Business of Busyness" I'd go for a comedy with this one. Probably something by Kathy Wierenga or something. Kids ep. Most probably. Not big on looking forward to this one.

"All Star Witness" Sports. Gotta be. For sure. Chances are, Marshall Younger episode. Prayer: 'A teen episode; Nick Mulligan, Xavier Washington...something!' Though, with my luck it'll end up being with a kid in sports. Again--big potential. Excited to find out.

"Always" I LOVE the one word titles. They bring so much depth. You just know this episode will have some sort of depth to it, and something biblical and a thought-provoking ending. Again, looking forward to this one. (The Main character will probably be female.)

"Tales of a Small-Town Thug" These 'Tales' episodes don't strike me as have much potential. HOWEVER, Two thugs in Odyssey; Rodney Rathbone (which is what it most probably will be about) And, Rodney has been the center of contreversy lately. We're about 50/50 on weither we still like him or not. Personnaly, I think as long as they return him to the intensity that he had before, and wasn't as stupid as he has been lately, then it'll be okay. The Rodney in Snow day and Broken Window was terrible. The Rodney in 'A Lamb's Tale' and 'A Glass Darkly' was much better. Secondly; the second thug could possibly be Nick Mulligan. Face it, we have no idea WHY he was pulled from the city. But again, Ney York isn't a small town, and Nick WOULDN'T be returning as a thug. However, I always look forward in knowing his past a bit.

"A Christmas Conudrum" Take 'Sundae Morning Scramble', Christmas-tize it, and it'll probably end up being this episode. People worrying abotu what Christmas is and what to get and then they all realise the true meaning.

"Silent Night" Sounds like it'll be a classic. Nice to know they have two Christmas episodes. They can't mess up on both.

Talk about judging an episode by its title! But, hey, those are my predictions. I can't wait to see how it works out. It could be ANYTHING! And, it could be a great season!

Thank-you Mr. Hoobler for that.

Good luck Odyssey Team!

BC
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The BC wrote:"Back to Abnormal"
Again, the 'everyone seems to have a 'stupidity quirk' comes into play with the first preview. I wasn't too impressed, however, I think the episode could be quite good. With everything with Malachi's message of working at the college, and his life's work there, it seems almost silly that they weren't using sadder music to help the tone. Needless to say, they were using 'slice of life' music for it. This is quite serious; Eugene lost his life-time employement...like...I'm a bit confused here.
I was at work tonight when it struck me; Eugene doesn't have his job at the college! Considering it'd be a major major 'goof' (as in, doesn't line up with a bunch of past episodes) I really hope he gets it back. I'm not too excited about this music career possibility we were told about...
The BC wrote:"Prisonners of Fear" When I heard about the trip, I was expecting it to be a bit of Eugene needing to know exactly what happened to his parents. So, I was hoping for a trip to South America. Nevertheless, this has potential to be a great episode, as long as it's emotional, powerful and dramatic as the title is.
Eugene's parents died in Africa, so it could be about them. In fact, I'm counting on it.
The BC wrote:"Always" I LOVE the one word titles. They bring so much depth. You just know this episode will have some sort of depth to it, and something biblical and a thought-provoking ending. Again, looking forward to this one. (The Main character will probably be female.)
Since Nathan Hoobler told us it'd be about the Shepards, I'd say it's fair to guess Aubrey.
TheBC wrote:Personnaly, I think as long as they return him to the intensity that he had before, and wasn't as stupid as he has been lately, then it'll be okay. The Rodney in Snow day and Broken Window was terrible. The Rodney in 'A Lamb's Tale' and 'A Glass Darkly' was much better.
Could not agree more. His performance is one of the reasons Snow Day is far from a favorite of mine.

-Jonathan