Queen Elizabeth II celebrates Platinum Jubilee

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Queen Elizabeth II celebrates Platinum Jubilee

Post by bookworm »

She is the first British monarch to reign for 70 years. Pretty remarkable. Every milestone she's reached has been historic after becoming the longest-reigning monarch in 2015 but this is a particularly noteworthy one.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Huh, I thought she was getting close to 80 years of reigning, because I thought a few years ago that she had passed Victoria's 76 years, but I recalled incorrectly.

I'm sure many previous monarchs of that nation haven't lived to be as old as the queen's currently-living sons. Too bad for them, I guess. Succession is a fickle thing, even for the strong-willed leaders.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

70 years is amazing. That the queen is still in such good health at 95 is impressive.

KODY, I was reading an article about this today and it said that Prince Charles is 73. I guess he's always looked old so I never really thought about his actual age, because that surprised me. ;) If/when the time comes for him to take the throne, he'll already be quite old.