Whit's End aka Snoopy's Doghouse

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Whit's End aka Snoopy's Doghouse

Post by Bren »

At one point, Whit's End was compared to Snoopys Doghouse. SImply because you never really know how big it is. I was recently reminded of the rich history Whit's End has with the Underground Railroad tunnels. Does anyone know how many times the tunnels have been used since Album 51 (wiki is down) ? Do you think there are more areas of Whit's End to explore in the future?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

There may not be as many as there used to be. The plan of the building proper should be well-known at this point, because they rebuilt Whit's End in Connellsville, and because of the Tate House. It's curious to think about, but because those buildings are the same size and have the same general floor plan as Whit's End, there may also be a 'secret room' in the Tate House, or a hidden room up in the Whit's End Connellsville attic. I'd expect there to be a computer room behind Mr. Washington's office too, although that's not as much of a secret by now. I'd love to have another look at these alternate buildings, especially Whit's End Connellsville, which is known to be active.

There are still opportunities to explore and 'expand' Whit's End underground, though. I'm not sure you could keep on going down and finding new areas forever, but there's probably enough story material there for another twenty years.

It might also be worthwhile to look at some of the other established buildings around town. It'd make sense if Triple-J Antiques, Haggler's Junkyard, or maybe the Harlequin, had some histories and hidden nooks of their own.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I always found the basement facinating as well. Especially with the way it is showcased in episodes like Nothing to Fear and The Case of the Secret Room.
ImageImageImage
logos linked