Little Debbie Ice Cream

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Little Debbie Ice Cream

Post by Bren »

Have you guys seen these new Little Debbie ice creams yet? I like the Cosmic Brownie and Zebra Cake.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Woah.

I've noticed there has been a fad lately of random other food products combined with ice cream, but this is an ew one for me. I see a lot of cereal based ones lately, like Lucky Charms, Pebbles, Cinnamon Toast Crunch etc.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

A news article seems to indicate this is a Wal-Mart exclusive, so it should give you some reason to drop by Sam's company. ;)

I haven't had any of these snack cakes in a long time, but I liked them as a kid. At one point, an 'experimental' flavor was hit-and-miss, but now it seems like they can make something taste just about like anything you want to name, so these are probably pretty accurate. I haven't bought many other novelty ice cream flavors, but I might be interested in giving some of these a go.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Some flavours look better than others. I had not heard of this at all, so I will look for them the next time I'm in Wal-Mart to see if this is a thing in Canada too. I would totally give them a try!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I enjoy some of the Little Debbie snack cakes, but I'm not sure I'd be ready to try them as ice cream flavors. I like ice cream, but I don't eat it very often.

I distinctly remember that Swiss cake rolls used to taste better.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Has anyone else tried these yet?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

My first thought was "VILE," but then I saw cosmic brownies and zebra cakes on the picture. . . :o
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Termite wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:44 pm My first thought was "VILE," but then I saw cosmic brownies and zebra cakes on the picture. . . :o
Those are in my top 3, along with strawberry shortcake.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I haven't seen them yet. I don't do a lot of grocery shopping at Wal-Mart so I might have missed them, though. I'm always in a rush when I'm running errands. One day I'll take a really thorough look down the ice cream aisle, because I do want to try these. Sometimes stuff is in the States and not Canada, so who knows?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

My prayers have been answered.

The Christmas tree Little Debbie ice cream is back. I may or may not have bought 3 of these prior to work. :inlove:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That looks yummy! I would totally try that. I still haven't figured out if these made it to Canada. I'll try to remember to check the ice cream aisle, or maybe the end displays, the next time I'm at my local Wal-Mart.

Bren, what does it actually taste like? Is it similar to the cakes?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I almost ordered some for my Walmart pickup today (and technically I still can for a couple more hours before my order is locked in) but I'm not sure if I trust it. :noway: Like... why is it less expensive than all the other little pints of ice cream, what is it trying to hide!? :protest: