How Do You Earn Money?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

How Do You Earn Money?

Post by Bren »

Tell us what you do for a living. I am a front end cashier at Walmart. So, I get to ring up customers in their PJs and wonder why they do things like spin my bags while I am trying to load them. It's an adventure for sure.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Sell propane and propane accessories.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I am a Linux systems engineer. I keep servers (application and web servers, mostly) running for my employer, so web sites and web applications stay running.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

I work part time for my brother doing wood work. I still hope to eventually have my own business doing photography or selling knit & crochet items but while I'm still in school, this works out very well for me.
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I used to have a baking business, but now I'm a stay at home mom of 4....so I save my husband thousands of dollars in childcare instead. \:D/ He is an accountant for a software company.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I made 3 million dollars selling an NFT of Whit.
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Optician.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

i work at a church where i make a lot of videos, program a lot of lights, mix a lot of worship teams, and break everything at least once a week.
he/him | a little stinker.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

I'm an employee of my local public library. It's a small town library so we don't have specific "departments" aside from adult, teen and children's. My two primary responsibilities are cataloging new materials and handling intake and fulfillment of interlibrary loan requests, but I also do things like handle circulation and reference questions, shelving materials, and other duties as assigned.
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm a marketing coordinator/graphic design assistant for a marketing and software development agency. So I do a variety of different things. \:D/

KnittingFun14 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:33 am I work part time for my brother doing wood work. I still hope to eventually have my own business doing photography or selling knit & crochet items but while I'm still in school, this works out very well for me.
OOooo woodwork. Do you like it? what kind of woodworking do you do? Also (after seeing some of your photos) I think you have great potential for being a family/lifestyle photographer! \:D/ Just keep learning and practicing and you will continue to level up. :yes: Do you have any experience with Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

snubs wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:57 pm I'm a marketing coordinator/graphic design assistant for a marketing and software development agency. So I do a variety of different things. \:D/

KnittingFun14 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:33 am I work part time for my brother doing wood work. I still hope to eventually have my own business doing photography or selling knit & crochet items but while I'm still in school, this works out very well for me.
OOooo woodwork. Do you like it? what kind of woodworking do you do? Also (after seeing some of your photos) I think you have great potential for being a family/lifestyle photographer! \:D/ Just keep learning and practicing and you will continue to level up. :yes: Do you have any experience with Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom?
I do like it! Work environment is great, which is awesome. Who can roast and tease their own boss and get away with it? \:D/ :lol: At the moment I turn needle felting tools on the lathe and finish those completely. I've also started to take care of orders and shipping. Aw, thank you, snubs!! =) I have a little experience with each of those; more with Photoshop then Lightroom though. At the moment I'm trying to learn how to edit my raw files, how to create my own presets, and some other little things with editing newborn photo's.
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

EK wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:17 am I made 3 million dollars selling an NFT of Whit.
This wins, right?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I manage a retail pharmacy outlet for a big chain in the city limits of Minneapolis. Been an interesting ride the last few years. As a part of the job I'm licensed as a pharmacy technician in Minnesota and hold the national PTCB certification with lots of experience running pharmacy operations in addition to retail operations.

I'm also an accomplished brass musician and have made some money off that, but not nearly as much as I've spent on that hobby.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I am a manager of the engineering and fabrication departments at an aerospace/defense company. :)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Dr. Watson wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:49 pm I am a manager of the engineering and fabrication departments at an aerospace/defense company. :)
Raytheon boi.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Dr. Watson wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:49 pm I am a manager of the engineering and fabrication departments at an aerospace/defense company. :)
Can you give us a missile or something? It doesn't even have to be a good one.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

No, but he can sell you one for $181 million dollars, net 30.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I'm a ransomware developer for a Russian oligarch, working with big US businesses like Solarwinds and Nvidia to sell their own data back to them for bitcoins! \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I just accepted a new job, I don't know what I will actually do there yet. \:D/
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

EK wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:38 am
Raytheon boi.
I have had some mild interaction with them. 8-) Does that make me part of the military industrial complex :anxious:
The Top Crusader wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:00 am
Can you give us a missile or something? It doesn't even have to be a good one.
I mean, I guess what we're plotting could technically be considered giving you a missile... :-