How Do You Earn Money?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Dr. Watson wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:00 pm
EK wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:38 am
Dr. Watson wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:49 pm I am a manager of the engineering and fabrication departments at an aerospace/defense company. :)
Raytheon boi.
I have had some mild interaction with them. 8-) Does that make me part of the military industrial complex :anxious:
I used to work for some lockheed subs, I think we're all part of it at some point. \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

EK wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:18 pm
Dr. Watson wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:49 pm I am a manager of the engineering and fabrication departments at an aerospace/defense company. :)
Raytheon boi.
I have had some mild interaction with them. 8-) Does that make me part of the military industrial complex :anxious:
I used to work for some lockheed subs, I think we're all part of it at some point. \:D/
Bumping, because I just started a new job with Collins Areospace, which is now a subsidiary of Raytheon.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Jonathan wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:47 pm
EK wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:18 pm
Raytheon boi.
Bumping, because I just started a new job with Collins Areospace, which is now a subsidiary of Raytheon.
I utilize a multiplicity of Collins products; if you could work on improving their customer service hotlines, I would be most appreciative. :pray: :pray:
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I don't work for Collins, but I work with a few former Collins engineers. Fascinating bunch of folks.
he/him | a little stinker.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I’ve been working as a scientist for engineering firms for the past few years and can confirm that engineers in general are a “fascinating bunch” :lol: they’re either egotistical cretins or the nicest people you’ll ever meet, there’s no in-between. Throw a little bit of social awkwardness in for good measure and you have some weird company parties.

I should’ve been a mailman.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

EK wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:33 pm I’ve been working as a scientist for engineering firms for the past few years and can confirm that engineers in general are a “fascinating bunch” :lol: they’re either egotistical cretins or the nicest people you’ll ever meet, there’s no in-between. Throw a little bit of social awkwardness in for good measure and you have some weird company parties.

I should’ve been a mailman.
I'd say that checks out.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

i work in corporate communications for a development finance institution in the hague, it's quite a corporate setting which isn't what i expected i'd get into after university, but it's been almost 3 years so far and it's alright.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Bren wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:28 am Tell us what you do for a living. I am a front end cashier at Walmart. So, I get to ring up customers in their PJs and wonder why they do things like spin my bags while I am trying to load them. It's an adventure for sure.
Looking back on this, I could say a lot more. I also get the opportunity to watch other departments like garden center and electronics. I also fix displays, push carts, and run merchandise.
ImageImageImage
logos linked