Sleepiest Episodes

Not-so-adventurous adventures, for easy listening

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Sleepiest Episodes

Post by Bob »

It's nice to have actual adventures sometimes, but "The Mysterious Stranger" is not a good episode to listen to when you're trying to wind down. ;)

What kinds of episodes do you recommend for restful situations (before a nap, etc)? Nothing too loud or dramatic should happen, unless it's brief and blends in once you're used to it.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I always liked "The Shepherd and the Giant" from the 10-CD "Collector's Edition." I remember having a tall, narrow cardboard folder thing (this one: aioupdate.weebly.com). The Great Wishy Woz, from the same set, was a good one to watch at bedtime too. "I Want My B-TV" was good too. Also boring was "The Painting," but in a bad way. It just wasn't interesting, so that might help put a person to sleep.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like to pick old favourites that I've heard tons of times when I'm listening at night. A few of my favourites are "Suspicious Minds," "For the Fun Of It," and "Naturally, I Assumed."
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

Bob wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:24 pm It's nice to have actual adventures sometimes, but "The Mysterious Stranger" is not a good episode to listen to when you're trying to wind down. ;)
Ironically, I have fallen asleep listening to The Mysterious Stranger in the past. That odyssey album was the first album I bought for myself when I was a kid and I was listening to it one night when the power was out. My blood sugar was probably high at the time, because I tend to get really sleepy when my blood sugar's high. I'm a type 1 diabetic btw. I've slept though The Avengers and Jurassic Park when my blood sugar was high too. As for a good episode to fall asleep to, I think Recollections would probably be a good one.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

For night listening I normally like to fall back on B-TV episodes, KYDS radio episodes "Battle at the Kishon" and "Fairy Tal-E-Vision", or part 4 of the Plan B arc of the Novacom saga.
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!