sketchful.io (online pictionary)

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

sketchful.io (online pictionary)

Post by bookworm »

I used to play an online pictionary game called iSketch, it was really well designed and a lot of fun I spent a ton of time on there. Unfortunately that site is no longer usable due to the shutdown of flash. The creators said they were working on making a new version, but there hasn't been any updates in a long time so I don't know if anything will ever come of that. I hope so because it was by far the best implementation of this kind of game I've ever found and I would love to be able to play it again. In the meantime I've been searching around for others like it to try finding a decent replacement game.

There are a few games with similar concepts around, but none came anywhere close to being as well designed in game interface, features, or gameplay mechanics. They were better than nothing, but I was hoping to be able to find something that was as similar to iSketch as possible. I've finally found one that is very, very close.

sketchful.io is a nicely designed game that works really well and is very fun.

When you first enter the game (you can just join as a guest you don't need to sign in with any account service if you don't want to) you are put into a random game room and can start playing there right off, or press the leave button in the top left and click the lobbies icon to manually select which room to join. You can also create your own public or private room and customize the game settings and even use your own wordlist.

I wanted to share this site with anyone who hasn't heard of it because it's really fun, and I think it would be neat to get some forum members together for a ToO game in a custom room some time. :) (I just mean to play together with the default words, though if we want to actually make a custom wordlist we could try that too.)
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
Post by coffeeappreciation »

I'm in! lets get a few ppl together some time!
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Funny but sad story from one of the games I played a while back:

The round starts and the artist quickly draws a banana. Everyone in the room immediately enters banana. Nothing happens. We all start second guessing our spelling and the chat is flooded with everyone trying every possible combination of n's and a's: bannana? bananna? bannanna?

After some time of this the artist writes on the canvas "You people don't know how to spell???" We continue spamming various versions of banana while expressing extreme confusion.

The round finally ends. The word was banDANA.

Everyone says "Hey, YOU were the one that was wrong!" They just go "Oh, sorry."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, oh dear. Reading carefully is indeed an important skill!