808: No Friend Like an Old Friend

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

1 old friend
No votes
2 new friends
No votes
3 Kendalls
100%
4 Whittakers
No votes
5 Meltsners!
No votes

Total votes: 1

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

808: No Friend Like an Old Friend

Post by KODY 105 »

Episode summary
On a bus ride home, Connie meets Wilson Knox, who recalls a tale from his childhood about a science competition and two boys named Av and Al.
My thoughts
We get to meet another old friend of Whit's. While that's kind of cool, it seems kind of weird we've know Whit as a character for 3 decades but we've never once heard about his sister or brother-in-law. And I suppose Jack Allen is a character we haven't touched on a while, and now (2021, the time of this writing), that the actor is deceased, we never will again. Hopefully they won't duplicate the abomination of replacing the voice of a character with one that doesn't sound like the original.

I guess we had to use a different nickname for Whit so we didn't know it was him until the end. I realize the last actors they used for young Whit probably grew up, but it would have been so cool if the young voice actors were the same, and then I would have had to wonder if it was young Whit and Jack.

A decent episode. Although, actually, now that I think about it, we hadn't heard anything about Jack's ailing mother with the worn out feet. I am uncertain if that was supposed to be believable as truth in that story-within-a-story-within-a-story. But we'll step around that possible untruth for this blurb.

3/5
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: