927: Worth It

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

1 partridge in an apple tree
No votes
2 turtledoves
No votes
3 french hens
100%
4 calling birds
No votes
5 golden rings
No votes

Total votes: 1

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

927: Worth It

Post by KODY 105 »

Episode summary
Whit sends Olivia on an Imagination Station adventure to find a blind beggar named Ezra, his mother Lydia, and the one person who could change all of their lives.

My thoughts
Good child-based story. Imagination Station! Bible story! Olivia is still struggling with her faith. I'm guessing we've not heard this Bible narrative yet in the Odyssey anthology.

Also, right at the very end, the name "Claudia Christian" in the credits. I have just started watching Babylon 5, and Claudia Christian is one of the main actresses in it. Another great sci-fi star in the AIO cast, just like Tony Amondela recently!

4/5
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Here are my thoughts:
I thought this was a good episode!

I had initially thought that Olivia would get her faith back at the end of this album, but it turns out that wasn't the case. The conclusion of this saga, "The Lost One, Parts 1-2" will be airing on the radio and online on December 4 and December December 11.

This adventure, as I had predicted before listening, was based off the story in John 9. I had thought that it would focus on the part with the Pharisees questioning the man and his parents, but it focused more on the blind man and how his and his mother’s life is like being blind. Which I think worked well, so I am fine with that. Giving the listeners a look into Ezra’s life and how he couldn’t see anything, let alone color, was very interesting. The scene where Ezra realizes that he can see was great.
KODY 105 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:17 pm Also, right at the very end, the name "Claudia Christian" in the credits. I have just started watching Babylon 5, and Claudia Christian is one of the main actresses in it. Another great sci-fi star in the AIO cast, just like Tony Amondela recently!
I didn't notice this, that's pretty cool!

Overall, I thought this was a good episode and would rate it either a 3/5 or a 4/5.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

*thread merged*

This episode broadcast on 2022-02-23
Episode summary
Whit sends Olivia on an Imagination Station adventure to find a blind beggar named Ezra, his mother Lydia, and the one person who could change all of their lives.
My thoughts
Still on Olivia's conflict with faith. She goes on an Imagination Station adventure, where she visits the blind man healed by Jesus with the mud on his eyes.

This feels like a classic AIO episode! We hear a Bible story, and the Odyssey character gets to participate in it. 4/5.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: