The Fountain of Youth

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

The Fountain of Youth

Post by Bren »

If you could keep anyone around on the show for a long time and them not fade away, who all would you pick? For me, I would currently pick Olivia Parker. I just love the character. She's got such a great personality and soft heart.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

From current characters, I'd probably be inclined to agree, for similar reasons. (I've been a fan of Kelly Stables on AIO for quite a while now.)

I said a while back Emily could stand to have her own spinoff show. There's probably enough stories that've been written about her (in Clubhouse, et al.) to make it work!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Are we talking about children, or adults? Before certain things happened, I waws hoping Eugene would become the center of the show, like Whit. Whit needs to move on, and not just because it's the third actor. He was a WWII vet, and it just doesn't make sense that he's still walking around running (or allowing other people to run) the show.

Well, with the current arc Olivia is going through, I'm not sure I'd want her to be the center of the show.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

I agree with you, @KODY 105 . I would've loved to see Eugene stick around for a good long time and become Odyssey's new central character. But I would also love to see Connie grow into that role.

I also agree that Olivia and Emily would be great characters to have stick around. The recent arc with Olivia has been spectacular and it would be amazing to see her continue to grow and develop as a character following these events.

As for Emily, I would really like to see her come into her own a little more in the show. I'd love to see more of the process of her discovering who she really is, aside from playing detective and her friendship with Matthew and now all the drama with Morrie and Suzu.

My personal pick for the 'fountain of youth,' though, would have to be Jason. In my mind, Jason is perpetually an impetuous 35-year-old man-child with a heart of pure gold. But lately, he's seemed to have lost some of the passion and energy that make him, well, him. Part of this is undeniably due to the fact that Townsend Coleman is just getting older. But I'd still like to see Jason take a more active role in Odyssey. Despite his occasional lack of discernment, he really does have a lot of wisdom that comes with the wealth of life experience he's had, and he would be a fantastic mentor to the kids of Odyssey. I feel like his past also makes him an excellent candidate for a mentorship with Buck, and I would really like to see them interact in the future.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

ByeByeBrownie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:07 pm My personal pick for the 'fountain of youth,' though, would have to be Jason. In my mind, Jason is perpetually an impetuous 35-year-old man-child with a heart of pure gold. But lately, he's seemed to have lost some of the passion and energy that make him, well, him. Part of this is undeniably due to the fact that Townsend Coleman is just getting older. But I'd still like to see Jason take a more active role in Odyssey. Despite his occasional lack of discernment, he really does have a lot of wisdom that comes with the wealth of life experience he's had, and he would be a fantastic mentor to the kids of Odyssey. I feel like his past also makes him an excellent candidate for a mentorship with Buck, and I would really like to see them interact in the future.
I love Jason, so I think this is a great choice. He's such a fun and interesting character, and it feels like there is still plenty of potential for great storylines. I actually hadn't thought of him as a potential mentor for Buck, and now more than ever that sounds like a great idea.