Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition

Leftovers, reheated, with extra sauce

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition

Post by KODY 105 »

The "topic description" is just supposed to be humorous. I love Age of Empires 2, and my friends dragged me into the Definitive Edition (DE) when it came out, and now I can't go back because the DE adds all sorts of quality-of-life improvements that are merely expected these days in a real-time-strategy game.

Does anyone here play AoE2 Definitive Edition? If so, let's get together! I play on the ranked multiplayer ladder and I'd love to play with anyone here. I like playing against people, but I also enjoy a good AI stomp.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
Post by coffeeappreciation »

Ohhhh I just played that for the first time a couple months ago! I enjoyed it. However lately I got dragged into the world of Minecraft mods, setting them up for the younger ones and playing over LAN, and to make space on the PC I deleted it. Oh no!

Give me a couple weeks when my next exams are over and I'll try to get it back in. I was very curious about the online play but was hoping to get better at it first lol.
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

RTS is my primary genre of computer game, but I've actually never played any Age of Empires.
Rise of Nations has always been the go-to for my LAN group.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This brings up memories for me, not because I ever played Age of Empires myself, but for a while my brother was into it, and my dad really liked it too. He played an older version long past when there were newer versions. He just liked the one he had.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I remember the original "Age of Empires." I had a demo of it for my Windows 98 computer, and the one mission in the demo gave you two priests and you had to go "convert" units to join your side. The closest enemy was a small village, so you would have to use your priests to convert the villagers, the workers, to join your side. Then you could use those workers to build your own village and finish off the first enemy. Then you had to cross a lake and attack the second enemy, who had gold units. That is, units whose training cost included not only food, but also gold, which was basically impossible to come by in that one demo map. So you had to send so many axemen to their deaths against short-swordsmen.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: