Memory Lane

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Bren
Be positive!

Memory Lane

Post by Bren »

As I get older, I find myself reflecting on the past. With almost 30 years under my belt, I have experienced a lot of change in life. Having been a member of this fine forum for 13 years, I have seen a lot happen here and have some very fond memories of this place. When I first joined, I was a very annoying spammer with a hunger for power. I still remember @JesusIsAlive being one of the first people to welcome me here. I was inspired by the Unofficial AIO podcast to start a podcast of my own.

I have also been inspired to start my own forum that ran for a period of time and even gave me the knowledge to help start The Soda Shop. Back when elections were still a big thing, I had the opportunity to serve the community a few times. I also had a newspaper here for a brief time.

I could run through so many other fond memories. But, for the sake of time I'll touch on one more thing. Friendship. As a result of this place, I have developed multiple friendships that continue to this day. I can't begin to imagine how different my life would be if I hadn't joined this place and I am thankful for it.

Do you have any memories to share?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I remember Top Crusader hating me because I was a misunderstood kid who thought he was so clever. I still posit that I was using acceptable definitions of terms, but mostly the secondary or further-out definitions than the primary one for a word. I remember hanging out with the Randoms, and my online sister StrongNChrist (RIP). I remember Bren using the handle "Regis Blackbeard," who was one of my closest friends here. I remember American Eagle being a "very physically mature for my age" kid, and he was also my friend. I remember Psuedonym who was more paranoid than me. I remember Jelly (could have sworn he was Jellyfish11 back in the day). I remember Peachey Keen. I remember Hannahjiejie, and I remember a few additional people whose handles I have forgotten but whose personal names I recall.

I remember gaming the money system early on, when some stock hit zero, so I bought like 500 of them. And then one of the admins reset it to probably 100 or something, and then presto, I ahd tons of money. I cannot recall if I got those "dollars" taken away, or if I blew them on something, or if there was nothing of value on which to use the pretend money. Probably that last one.

I remember once accidentally siccing the FOTF lawyers on the ToO because I asked FOTF if I could have a high-res image of the AIO logo and they looked at the linked site (thetoo.com) and said I had to remove the AIO logo from it, etc., so I forwarded that to Catspaw and/or Shadowpaw and they handled it. Sorry, admin team!

I remember hanging out with Bren and crew on The Electric Palace forum. I'm surprised I remember all this. All good things! (Minus the Top thing, but I still love you in a platonic, Christian brotherhood way, bro! I've grown up obviously.)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, thanks for sharing, Bren. That's so sweet. The ToO wouldn't be the same without you!
KODY 105 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:39 pm I remember once accidentally siccing the FOTF lawyers on the ToO because I asked FOTF if I could have a high-res image of the AIO logo and they looked at the linked site (thetoo.com) and said I had to remove the AIO logo from it, etc., so I forwarded that to Catspaw and/or Shadowpaw and they handled it. Sorry, admin team!
Haha, I remember getting a message from someone connected to FOTF that sent me an unofficial message saying to please put up the "non affiliated with" message ASAP but I think the more official message must have gone to Shadowpaw because I have no memory of that part and had no idea that it was you that brought the lack of proper notification to their attention (accidentally, of course.) If you were worried for all these years that I was mad at you about this - rest easy. ;)