The Book of Boba Fett

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

The Book of Boba Fett

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Looks like fun! I am definitely in for this series.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Definitely interested to see this part of the Star Wars universe we haven't really explored much in anything before.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I am so here for this. If you're going to bring Boba back from the dead, you have to give me a reason this character "resurrection" is justified and I am so excited.

I adore all the criminal underworld exploration in The Clone Wars, so I am very excited to see the underworld at this point in the timeline. I love the tone of the trailer and I'm very excited about the very premise. I have this gut feeling this show will genuinely surprise me.

I have a good feeling about this!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

First episode is up
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched the first episode the other day and really enjoyed it! The flashback style created a way to show scenes from the past and move into the future. I know there's another episode up and a third one soon (actually, probably today, since I think new episodes are up on Wednesday) but I probably won't see them for a few days. My brother and I are watching together (with the magic of hitting play at the same time and talking on the phone) so it takes a bit more time and effort to coordinate schedules than just watching on my own. It's more fun this way too, since we're both Star War fans.

BUMP:
I just finished watching the last two episodes last night. The show ended up being a bit different than I expected.
I enjoyed it overall but it was kind of weird. I was fine with the flashbacks for the first few episodes, and then they just dropped it for what seemed to be two episodes that were basically just Mandolorian episodes. I loved The Mandolorian and nothing makes me happier than baby Yoda, so it's not that I minded - it was just odd that there was an entire episode of a show named after Boba Fett that he didn't even appear in, and another one where he was seem very briefly.

I was getting upset with Luke for being mean to baby Yoda, who clearly was not interested in his training. The scenes with Luke were very impressive from a technology standpoint - young Luke looked and sounded really good! From a storytelling standpoint, I was not overly pleased. I'm not sure if the point was to show he made mistakes or if other people were not as annoyed by his scenes as I was.

It was interesting to see Cad Bane from Clone Wars appear, and he looked really good considering this is a live-action show, and of course he sounded great because he was still voiced by Corey Burton. \:D/ I was surprised at the direction that storyline took.
I would recommend watching the show to any Star Wars fan - it is fun and interesting. It just still felt like it could have been better.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Catspaw wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:44 pm
I enjoyed it overall but it was kind of weird. I was fine with the flashbacks for the first few episodes, and then they just dropped it for what seemed to be two episodes that were basically just Mandolorian episodes. I loved The Mandolorian and nothing makes me happier than baby Yoda, so it's not that I minded - it was just odd that there was an entire episode of a show named after Boba Fett that he didn't even appear in, and another one where he was seem very briefly.

I was getting upset with Luke for being mean to baby Yoda, who clearly was not interested in his training. The scenes with Luke were very impressive from a technology standpoint - young Luke looked and sounded really good! From a storytelling standpoint, I was not overly pleased. I'm not sure if the point was to show he made mistakes or if other people were not as annoyed by his scenes as I was.

It was interesting to see Cad Bane from Clone Wars appear, and he looked really good considering this is a live-action show, and of course he sounded great because he was still voiced by Corey Burton. \:D/ I was surprised at the direction that storyline took.
I would recommend watching the show to any Star Wars fan - it is fun and interesting. It just still felt like it could have been better.
The Mando Season 3 precursor was the most frustrating thing about it for me, too. I think it would have been okay had there been a couple of extra Boba-centric episodes, but with there only being 5/7 dedicated to our Daimyo, I felt cheated. That's with me being a massive Mando fan as well. It was awkwardly out of place in the show, but I still enjoyed it. Such a weird internal dichotomy, lol.

I really liked the flashbacks - especially all the lore with the Tuskens. It was a good transition from Boba in the Empire days to being the man whom he is in the current galaxy. Plus, something in Star Wars FINALLY has a happy ending, full stop. If they make a second season and kill anyone I'm going to be infuriated :(

The bits with Luke are interesting - but I do think they were valid in demonstrating a difference between Legends Luke and how he ends up the Luke that he is in The Last Jedi. Plus, for Ben to be his first student, Grogu technically couldn't be, but I do think straight homesickness was enough to send him back to his Papa even without Luke being weird. Which he was - but again, I think we saw Luke as he was growing into his new stage of life. Weird but necessary for canonical consistency, maybe?

I'm more upset we got cheated out of a true Ahsoka/Luke meeting. She would've heard about this rebel pilot named Skywalker through the years of the Rebellion, and then having that moment of connection. . .ugh. Hopefully we get something in the Ahsoka series about it.

Backing up - they hired a guy off YouTube to do the Luke editing. He created a better one after the Mando S2 finale, posted it, and was subsequently hired for BoBF :') amazing.

ALSO, Cad Bane was everything. I started shrieking the second long-shot we got of him. The hat, the coattails - you know the man is dramatic enough to check which way the wind was blowing land his ship so far away for that entrance \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

Here are some of my thoughts:
I really never thought much about Boba Fett until this show was announced. It’s safe to say I was only interested because of his role in The Mandalorian. Upon watching this show, I now have more appreciation and interest in his character. The flashback scenes were interesting, but I was actually finding myself more interested in his present-day situation as ruler of Tatooine and his various conflicts than I was about the flashbacks of his past, I’m not quite sure why. I thought the finale episode was really good.

Oh, and of course, Cory Burton was in it, so that’s always a plus. \:D/ Always good to see an AIO actor in other media, it makes the experience more fun for me.

I’m divided as to whether it was really necessary to have Mando essentially hijack the show like he did. I personally think Boba Fett could’ve carried his own show without assistance from The Mandalorian. I was invested enough in it as it was before Mando showed up. But maybe that’s just me. Some people I’ve talked to say that the show was terrible until Mando and Grogu showed up, so I guess it may be a matter of opinion among different people.
Whatever the case may be, there’s no denying that including them got a lot more people interested in the show and I'm pretty sure that those who wouldn't have watched The Book of Boba Fett otherwise are now watching it because they want to see Mando and Grogu. So, I guess it works. It's just that I had thought the Mandalorian would be an entirely separate thing from the Boba Fett show with only slight connections. But hey, I'm not complaining! I'm always in favor of seeing episodes of The Mandalorian; it just wasn't what I expected, and now I'm quite interested in what season 3 of The Mandalorian will hold.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I liked it overall, but like a lot of reviews/complaints I've seen, it wasn't what I had always expected a Boba Fett series to be after seeing Return of the Jedi over 30 years ago. So him turning from bounty hunting and want to be a benevolent crime boss is interesting, but I think a lot of people wanted him just going after tough bounties (which I guess is how Mandalorian at least started). So I don't know. And also like a lot of people, while I really like The Mandalorian, it was just odd to have 2/7 episodes be flat out Mandalorian episodes. Although those were basically the best episodes, so...? Hard to complain I guess?
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

"Find other banthas...make baby banthas..."