Is it just me or

Participation Points

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member
Is it just me or

Post by coffeeappreciation »

is it really throwing anybody else off to see all these topics listed as the "latest ones" but dated for pre 2019, sometimes earlier, etc. And then more recent topics are scattered or listed below the old ones? Like out of order? Have I messed up a setting somewhere? #-o

I try to get on here once a week and sprinkle some posts around so as to encourage activity but I see little fruit. I'm just making sure I'm not missing anything. Do I have my topics listed in reverse? :shock:
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Can you give an example of some specific topics so I can check if if I'm seeing what you are? Things look normal to me.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Are you clicking something in particular to see what you refer to as the "latest ones" for topics, coffeeappreciation? Through the admin control panel I can test user permissions and when I just viewed the forum index as you it looked normal, with the latest post references showing up on the right-hand side.

We don't have a ton of activity so certain areas or threads certainly haven't been posted in regularly but if you're coming by once a week there will definitely be some new posts and threads to view.
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member

*confession time*
I've been up late studying for exams, and it's usually at night time when I browse the ToO, so odds are I was confused/seeing double or something all those sessions. It's no longer weird looking. I have since taken several good naps. :snore:
Also, I just now realized that when I clicked a thread, I didn't understand that posts are listed so that the latest ones are pages away to the right. That was the most confusing part, and I didn't even mention it in my original post. :p

Thank you, both of you, for trying to mend a problem that didn't even exist. I feel listened to and I appreciate you. \:D/
Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you there! Thanks to everyone who helped hatch my dragon egg! :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Suddenly the coffee cup in your avatar and your name makes more sense. ;) Haha, no worries. I'm glad you figured things out!
reyesryder
Lurker
Post by reyesryder »

How to Protect Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper

A memory foam mattress topper also needs some care from you. To make it last longer, you can start the recommended mattress topper tips below.

Read The Article: The best mattress topper reviews

Cleaning

This is probably the first thing that pops into your mind when it comes to making your mattress topper last longer. And luckily for you, this is also the most important task.

In order to keep the mattress topper in great condition, you need to make sure it's reasonably clean. Clean it often to prevent common issues. When the topper is too dirty, it will stop working as intended. Even the accumulation of stains can make it possible for you to have a good night's sleep.

We do not recommend soaking your topper in water, though. To start cleaning it, you need to remove and put it on a hard surface first. Use your hand and other tools to clean all debris and dust particles. Even a vacuum can help you with this task. If there are any stains, dip a cloth in a solution of mild detergent and water before cleaning it.

Use the same solution to spray on your mattress. Keep doing this until you have covered your entire mattress. You can get rid of the detergent with a damp cloth. Just wipe it and repeat the step all over again.

Flat surfaces

A flat surface is one of the most vital things you need to ensure your mattress topper works as it's supposed to do. A memory foam topper can only fully bring its benefits if you lay it on a flat surface.

If your mattress is sagging and getting old, your topper will adapt to the shape and thickness of your mattress. This can impact and reduce the effects the topper can have. You need to ensure that the foundation is firm and solid if you want to prevent it from getting too soft.

Useful Link: The Best Mattress Toppers - Reviews & Buyer's Guide

Temperature Regulation

Ensure that your room temperature is in the normal range.

The most obvious characteristic of memory foam toppers is they are ultra-sensitive to temperature. Most comfortable mattress toppers can work just fine in normal conditions, but when there is a significant drop or rise in temperature, memory foam mattress toppers can become too hard or soft, respectively.

Your Weight

Memory foam topper manufacturers offer multiple size and shape options to serve as many customers as possible. They can also vary in density, width, thickness and length. If the topper you buy does not have the dimensions needed to support your weight properly, either it is too small or too thin, it will become less durable and wear out quickly. If your weight is above average, make sure to buy a memory foam topper that you can hold you and provide great comfort at the same time. If you don't follow this advice, the topper will become soft and saggy.

Rotation

Like any other product, memory foam mattress toppers are also vulnerable to wear and tear. As a result, they will become softer. To lessen this effect, rotating the topper is a simple solution. But this does not mean flipping it over from time to time. You should also never bend, curl or fold the topper, as it can impact how it functions.

Conclusion

Other than those tips, you should put some thought into the materials inside your best mattress topper brands. A high-quality memory foam topper is always going to last longer than a cheap model while providing a greater level of comfort and support.
Last edited by reyesryder on Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
coffeeappreciation
Gold Member

Catspaw wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:50 pm Suddenly the coffee cup in your avatar and your name makes more sense. ;) Haha, no worries. I'm glad you figured things out!
I have been found out! :mrgreen:
reyesryder wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:23 pm I also find it very normal, maybe you are not used to it.
It's definitely just me at this point! :boohoo:
:lol: