Muppets Haunted Mansion

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Muppets Haunted Mansion

Post by bookworm »

I didn't know they had been working on the next Muppet movie; I'm so excited to watch it!

It won't be getting a theatrical release, but it's free on Disney Plus starting tomorrow!

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw something about this earlier. I like Muppet movies in general, and I do love Will Arnett, so I'll probably give this a try. The Haunted Mansion part isn't super appealing to me but I assume that since it's the Muppets, it isn't too scary. ;)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I will give this a try, and hopefully will be able to find this thread again and report back!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I decided to wait to watch it until closer to Halloween. :)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

It was cute! Others had to explain the celebrity cameos to me. Apparently I'm not in the loop on John Stamos, Will Arnett, or anybody else who appeared. But the Muppets are entertaining. I like the fourth-wall stuff, but I guess that's fairly common for the Muppets.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I watched it today!

It's not one of the Muppet classics, but it's a fun little special. It's nice to have one for Halloween now to go with their Christmas movie. (And Easter, if you consider The Tale of the Bunny Picnic part of the movie series even though it doesn't have the core group of characters.)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Today would have been a good day to watch...if I had been smart like you and thought of it earlier in the day. Oh well. Thanks for the mini-review, bookworm. I'll have to get around to it one of these days.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just realized I should have mentioned before my appreciation of the many references to the titular ride throughout this movie. Muppet productions based on existing stories or other properties are always great with their clever homages to the source material and this one is no exception. If you aren't familiar with Disney's Haunted Mansion you might not realize what all is a specific reference or what it's to, but if you do notice them it adds to the fun. And if you don't it doesn't affect your viewing experience at all, it's certainly not necessary to know anything more than the whole movie is generally based on the story and scenes from the ride, you don't miss anything by not recognizing oh that's that particular line or that familiar image, again it's just extra fun in there for the people who do pick them up. :)

Compared to the other movie based on the ride this movie is really chock full of references, which is to be expected when that one was just kind of a movie based on the concepts of the ride's story and this one is really a dramatized version of going through the actual ride itself.