new Jeopardy superstar

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

new Jeopardy superstar

Post by bookworm »

I have a history of posting about notable Jeopardy events and contestants so it's time to make a thread about the current champion. Matt Amodio passed one million dollars in winnings a few games ago, and he won his 32nd game yesterday to tie James Holzhauer's incredible streak; if he wins again today he will become sole holder of the record for second most consecutive wins behind only Ken Jennings.

He isn't setting individual game money records like James was because he plays differently, but he has the same daunting dominance; an amazing number of his wins have been runaways and not by close margins.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that's neat. I haven't been watching so I had no idea. Any close comparisons to Ken Jennings is definitely a compliment!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

He did it!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, crazy! :mad:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's over: $1,519,601 in 39 appearances, 38 wins - second most consecutive Jeopardy victories all time, third Jeopardy contestant to earn a million dollars in regular play, tenth highest earning contestant all time across all American game shows. Looking forward to seeing him back in the next Tournament of Champions.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that's very impressive! :mad: