Spider-man: No Way Home

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I cried four times during this movie.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I, too, cried. Tears fully just started flowing downy cheeks at one point. Like Endgame, this is an event film. Also like Endgame, although it's a wholly satisfying experience, it has its moments with clunky writing. But that's kinda just a thing I'm used to with Spider-Man films and I honestly just don't care. This movie was SO GOOD. I definitely recommend catching it in theaters if you haven't already. I could definitely write so much more about this movie but yeah. Go see it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I didn't quite cry but I was tearing up a few times. Well worth the watch. I was avoiding spoilers but had heard that the movie was really good, so it was great to see it myself before anything got spoiled and to have the movie live up to it's high billing!
One disappointment - soon after Tobey Maguire showed up, I decided that one of the end scenes should have him and Kirsten Dunst having a happy moment - just a little peek into the life they very briefly reference. I was sad to not have that prediction/hope come true. I was pleased with how much the Spiderman trio was in the movie overall!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Catspaw wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:00 pm
One disappointment - soon after Tobey Maguire showed up, I decided that one of the end scenes should have him and Kirsten Dunst having a happy moment - just a little peek into the life they very briefly reference. I was sad to not have that prediction/hope come true. I was pleased with how much the Spiderman trio was in the movie overall!
Ahhhh, I wanted the same thing. I think the film gave more love to Andrew Garfield's Spiderman overall, and even gave him a beautiful moment when he rescues the girl the way he wasn't able to in his own movie... and I don't think they achieved that level of call-back with Tobey's Spiderman. He felt a lot flatter to me. But maybe that's just my own bias for how much I loved those orginals and didn't care much for the Garfield reboot.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

jelly wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:20 pm
Catspaw wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:00 pm
Ahhhh, I wanted the same thing. I think the film gave more love to Andrew Garfield's Spiderman overall, and even gave him a beautiful moment when he rescues the girl the way he wasn't able to in his own movie... and I don't think they achieved that level of call-back with Tobey's Spiderman. He felt a lot flatter to me. But maybe that's just my own bias for how much I loved those orginals and didn't care much for the Garfield reboot.
Yay, it wasn't just me who had just a genius idea! \:D/ I really wish they had done that.

I did like the way Andrew Garfield's Spiderman got to save the girl, like you mentioned - very nice. I am totally with you on loving the originals and not loving the Garfield ones. My brother and I watched the first one years ago and laughed at a lot of parts that were not intended to be funny because it was so bad, and never saw the second one, so I definitely was a lot less attached to that iteration, but at the same time I thought the way they portrayed the trio of Spidermans was quite sweet overall, like they all got the brothers they never had.
Non-spoiler comment - Jelly, because of your avatar I associate you with Spiderman quite a lot, so I was happy to see that you posted in this thread!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't even know what needs to be a spoiler, so...
Yeah it kind of makes me hope they do an Amazing Spider-man 3 and let Andrew Garfield be in an actual good movie as the lead Spider-man. I'd also love a Spider-man 4 with Tobey Maguire (because like a lot of people, he was my first so is always kind of my favorite ;)), but he seems less into it, dunno that he'd want to commit to that. Although I'm hearing they do plan on using both of them again in *some* capacity, it just remains to be seen how. A lot of people are wanting the Tom Hardy Venom to end up with Garfield instead of Holland, so the MCU isn't soiled by the crummy Venom movies, but I think that's all just fans saying "HEY THAT WOULD BE COOL" at this point and not like a studio edict.