Re-releasing Last Chance Detectives Book Series?!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Re-releasing Last Chance Detectives Book Series?!

Post by Polehaus53 »

Okay, so I just found out about this and I would like to hear everyone's thoughts.

As we all know, the Last Chance Detectives series consists of three movies: “Mystery Lights of Navajo Mesa”, “Legend of the Desert Bigfoot”, and “Escape from Fire Lake”. These movies were adapted into a book series with the same titles as the movies. There was also a fourth book which came out later called “Canyon Quest”; a prequel telling the story of how the team was formed. This book is available to read on the Adventures in Odyssey Club, but none of the others are.

Now, as far as I can tell, the books have been out of print. I cannot seem to find any these books being sold as new by any major sellers. While the Focus on the Family Store does have Last Chance Detectives, it only sells the movies and does not include the books.

I have always been intrigued by the book series. But now it seems as though this books series is being re-released! I was recently searching Christianbook.com for something, when I stumbled onto Focus on the Family’s pre-order page and found one of the books in the series for pre-order! I was surprised to see this, but then I found the entire book series available for pre-order! It looks like Focus on the Family is going to be re-releasing this series! The books are all re-numbered, have new artwork, and have a new logo.

Now here’s the interesting part. Upon further searching, I found that not only are they releasing all four books in the series, but also an entirely new book! Terror from Outer Space, an entirely new title which is not in the original series. The whole series is available for pre-order on Amazon and CBD and will be released on October 5, 2021.
(Someone should probably update the AIOWiki page with this information. :- )

I just thought this was interesting information I thought I'd share with everyone. I’m not sure if this news has already been out or officially confirmed anywhere, but it looks like it is going to be happening. Has anyone read the book series? What does everyone think about the series being re-released? What about this new book? Let’s discuss!
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's cool. Thanks for sharing. I loved the Last Chance Detectives movies when I was a kid, and they did a great job with the audio adventures too. I had the Canyon Quest book, though I can't claim to really remember what happened, since I would have read it a long time ago. I didn't actually know (or I forgot?) that there were other books. I'll keep an eye out for the re-releases and the new book in October!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

It looks like they're releasing a 6th book next year called "Revenge of the Phantom Hot Rod." It has a pretty cool cover, too!

https://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Phantom- ... 1646070682
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Fun! I actually forgot about this, and now the release date for the previously mentioned book is almost here! Thanks for sharing, Peachey Keen. I'd like to take a look at the books myself, and I know some people a little closer to the target age range that might be interested too. ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Peachey Keen! You're still around!

I have seen the videos for "Last Chance Detectives," and they were OK. I distinctly remember the McGee and Me video series way better, though, and the Adventures in Odyssey videos.
The title and brief description of the "Revenge of the Phantom Hot Rod" reminds me of a book by Bill Myers. I have not read this book in over a decade, but the phenomenon of "Ghost hot rod" is apparently more popular than I had realized, so there's probably not a big chance of anything seriously wrong here.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: