Odyssey Characters You Could Totally Beat In A Fight

A really good idea I had

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Odyssey Characters You Could Totally Beat In A Fight

Post by Steve »

The Rules
  • This is hand-to-hand combat. No weapons of any kind are allowed. Only your god-given appendages.
  • You can't fight a kid. Or any of the really old dudes. I understand that really narrows your options, but it's just not fair. Whit is fair game, though, as he is absolutely ripped.
  • The fight will take place in the main dining area at Whit's End. Remember this when making your selection, as these characters have the home-field-advantage. They know the terrain. Again: only hand-to-hand combat is allowed, so no chairs, tables, spoons, etc... can be used.
My Predictions

I could easily beat:
  • Wooton Basset: Wooton is too kind-hearted to really be a dangerous enemy. I think I could probably trip him or something and win.
  • Dale Jacobs: Dale doesn't, like, do anything from what I remember. This should be a breeze.
  • Jason Whittaker: Controversial, but have you heard Jason lately? He sounds tired. His glory days are behind him. I will triumph.
  • Don Polehaus: Don is a total scrub. I'll wipe the floor with him.
A fair fight:
  • Connie Kendall: Based on images, Connie and I have about the same muscle mass. She's definitely more wiry than me, so it'd be a challenge.
  • Bart Rathbone: Bart is a slovenly mess, but he's scrappy. He'd definitely cheat too. I think I could I could use verbal attacks to help my chances.
  • Eugene Meltsner: Eugene is a weird little nerd, but he's so smart that he probably knows how to fight really well. On the flip side, I bet he has fragile little bones.
  • Dr. Regis Blackgaard. 10 minutes of me kicking and punching a computer until it comes to life and eats me.
They would kill me:
  • Mr. Whittaker. Obviously. Whit is jacked and prepared to throw down at any time.
  • Harlow Doyle: A complete beast of a man. He will crush me. No contest.
  • George Barclay: He may be a pastor, but he won't hesitate to obliterate another human.
  • Joanne Allen: An exception to my old people rule, but I'm so inherently terrified of Joanne that I will cower in fear the moment I see her.
Who could you beat in a fight? And why?
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Steve, this is one of the most unique threads I have ever had the provilege of reading on the ToO. Congrats! It reminds me of when I was in high school and worked in a grocery store and one of the evening mangers would joke around about which employees would win in a fight. \:D/

I think I could beat Robert Mitchell in a fight. Sure, he has technique and skill and training, but I have over a decade of anger of how he left Connie. :sniff:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

This brings me back to the ranking system of "8th Grade Toughest Boys!" a friend of mine made when we were in 8th grade.

It'd be kind of weird if he had made it more recently.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Steve wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:26 pmA fair fight:
  • Bart Rathbone: Bart is a slovenly mess, but he's scrappy. He'd definitely cheat too. I think I could I could use verbal attacks to help my chances.
I dunno man, Chad Pearson knocked him over pretty easy. Or maybe that means Bart would still be a fair fight and Chad would mop the floor with us.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Jonathan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:03 pm
Steve wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:26 pmA fair fight:
I dunno man, Chad Pearson knocked him over pretty easy. Or maybe that means Bart would still be a fair fight and Chad would mop the floor with us.
Chad Pearson was a god amongst men. Only John Whittaker could best him, honestly.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

When I saw this thread's title my immediate first thought was to make sure Whit wasn't on your list. Most people might be inclined to choose him because of his age, but that would be a big mistake. You wouldn't stand a change against someone who would look like this as a warrior man.
Steve

Post by Steve »

bookworm wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:35 pm When I saw this thread's title my immediate first thought was to make sure Whit wasn't on your list. Most people might be inclined to choose him because of his age, but that would be a big mistake. You wouldn't stand a change against someone who would look like this as a warrior man.
Thank you so much for bringing this image to my attention. You are right. No one could stand a chance against that warrior man.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm scared of Whit now. :bolt:
Steve

Post by Steve »

I have updated my signature to reflect the fact that John Avery Whittaker can not be killed.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, I love that, Steve! Awesome. Yay for bookworm remembering this amazing image!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Whit: WWII soldier, but now 80 years later. I guess he no longer qualifies to enter a fight with me. SKIPPED
Connie Kendal: do I have to beat up a girl? I WIN
Eugene Meltsner: I'm a nerd, but probably not as much as he is. I WIN.
Jason Whittaker: I don't recall him sounding so tired (I know I'm behind on AIO episodes). DRAW
George Barclay: Do I have to beat up a pastor? DRAW
Jimmy Barclay: Sounds scrappy. I LOSE
Rodney Rathbone: I LOSE
Katrina Meltsner: Sound sturdier than Eugene. DRAW
Edwin Blackgaard: Sounds harmless. I WIN
Walter Shakespeare: Does all that work for Edwin all the time, so unsurprisingly capable. I LOSE
Grown up Jack Davis: Sounds fitter than me. I LOSE
Grown up Isaac Morton: I suspect he's a small man. I WIN
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

KODY 105 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:21 am Edwin Blackgaard: Sounds harmless. I WIN
Walter Shakespeare: Does all that work for Edwin all the time, so unsurprisingly capable. I LOSE
:lol: These were my favourites from your list, KODY! I'm so glad you returned to the ToO to grace us with your wit. I definitely laughed reading through your explanations.
Steve

Post by Steve »

KODY 105 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:21 am Connie Kendal: do I have to beat up a girl? I WIN
I'm gonna push back on this one, buckerino. Connie would fight super dirty. Lots of hair pulling and stuff. Probably carries a knife. Connie wins.
Wod Fam Choc Sod
Not as new

Post by Wod Fam Choc Sod »

Oh, the pain I feel just thinking about this question. No kids? Okay, so I would get totally whupped.

I'm probably around the same size as Connie but... I just listened to her almost-wedding with Mitch episode and the part where she practically beat the tar out of those guys who pretended to kidnap him. So I wouldn't dare fight her. Plus, we'd totally be having too much fun to fight each other anyway.

If I saw Whit in real life, my first reaction would be to give him a hug. Not fight him. And anyway, he'd probably beat me since he seems pretty strong and fit.

Tom Riley... is old enough to clarify as an old guy.

Wooton... maybe? Maybe. Not totally sure.

Penny... never. She somehow seems pretty tough. And didn't she beat someone up once?? Can't remember...

Is Buck considered a kid? Doesn't matter... he'd totally beat me, kid or not.

Jason... okay, why am I even considering this? This is a dumb question... where I'm concerned, at least. I'm just gonna stop...
Read Odyssey's latest epic: The Checkmate Saga!!!
https://juliettederouledewrites.blogspo ... kmate.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie: (whispering) Oh, she looks beautiful, doesn't she?
Jason: (also whispering) Beautiful.
Connie: (tearfully) Everyone looks beautiful!
Jason: Yes, Connie, they're all beautiful.
Connie: Your dad. Oh... he looks great in that tuxedo. He's... oh... he's...
Jason: Beautiful.
Connie: (still fighting tears) Yeah. And Katrina in that dress...
Jason: She got her stitches out just in time.
Connie: (quavering) I think I'm gonna cry.
Jason: Here's my hankie.
Connie: *sniffs* Thank you.
Jason: I knew all along, by the way.
Connie: Well, good for you. Can I cry now, or are you gonna keep talking?
Jason: Have a good cry.
Connie: (sobbing) Thank you. *dramatic sobs* *blows nose*