AIO cheating episode

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

AIO cheating episode

Post by AioMan »

The other day I was talking to my friend Jordan. I am homeschooled, so all the books are on my shelf, including the answer books. Jordan asked me, "Why don't you ever just look at the answers?"
I told him that that would be cheating, and the Bible says it's wrong.
He answered, "So?"
I told him that if we love God, we'll do as he says. He still didn't get it, though. Do any of you know of a good AIO ep about cheating to listen to with him?
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

hmm.....the one that comes to mind is 'Eugene's Dilemma'...it's about cheating....there's another one that I can't think of.........
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Lady Simbelmynë wrote:hmm.....the one that comes to mind is 'Eugene's Dilemma'...it's about cheating....there's another one that I can't think of.........
Then there's that one... Where Mandy tries to get rodney to become a better person or something. Although, it's not really ALL about cheating, but some of it is. :)

Sarah
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I can't think of one right know, but I will post one if I can. You are doing great to want to do this with him!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Mr. topic, say hello to Whit's End!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

A Test For Robyn. It's in Album 13.

-Jonathan
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

"Trivial Pursuits" is also a good ep, at leat half-way, about cheating.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Actually, that eps name is "Not-so-Trivial Pursuits"
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Jonathan wrote:Actually, that eps name is "Not-so-Trivial Pursuits"
:hithead: I knew it sounded wrong! Thanks, Jonathan!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Actually, I've mentioned this before; but theirs never actually been an episode "directly" targetted at "cheating".

BC
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

What about And the Power, or the other one with Nicky Adamsworth...at the college with Eugene and Richard....may not be exactly about cheating, but still, it's kinda he idea...unless I'm thinknig of something else,
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The two eps you are thinking of are Eugene's Delimma and The Power.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Monica Stone wrote:Actually, I've mentioned this before; but theirs never actually been an episode "directly" targetted at "cheating".

BC
I was going to say "A Test for Robyn" like Jonathan, but I guess that first focused on her study habits. :-k
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:
Monica Stone wrote:Actually, I've mentioned this before; but theirs never actually been an episode "directly" targetted at "cheating".

BC
I was going to say "A Test for Robyn" like Jonathan, but I guess that first focused on her study habits. :-k
But her poor study habits led to the greater temptation to cheat, so it does touch on that as well. She does cheat and faces consequences as a result.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Changing Rodney has some issues dealing with it.

Yours Truely,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Changing Rodney has some issues dealing with it.

Yours Truely,
-Cowboy of Texas
But cheating is far from the focus of that ep.

-Jonathan
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

"Think on These Things" is not focused directly on cheating, but cheating is involved: Marvin uses the Imagination Station for help with math problems. Rather than watching the demonstration on how to do the problems, he simply skips to the answers. After doing this for a while, Marvin goes to school one day and the teacher gives a quiz. Marvin doesn't know how to do the problems, so he wants to copy Trent's paper.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

EugeneFan wrote:"Think on These Things" is not focused directly on cheating, but cheating is involved: Marvin uses the Imagination Station for help with math problems. Rather than watching the demonstration on how to do the problems, he simply skips to the answers. After doing this for a while, Marvin goes to school one day and the teacher gives a quiz. Marvin doesn't know how to do the problems, so he wants to copy Trent's paper.
"Think on These Things" is the episode I was going to mention, but I could not remember the name. ](*,)
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

All those episodes are good, I think "Not-so-Trivial Pursuits" is my favorite out of those episodes..
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Eugenefan23 wrote:The other day I was talking to my friend Jordan. I am homeschooled, so all the books are on my shelf, including the answer books. Jordan asked me, "Why don't you ever just look at the answers?"
I told him that that would be cheating, and the Bible says it's wrong.
He answered, "So?"
I told him that if we love God, we'll do as he says. He still didn't get it, though. Do any of you know of a good AIO ep about cheating to listen to with him?
Well, the eps I would have mentioned have already been said.

I had a similar incident when I was homeschooling myself and grading my own papers / tests. Friends asked why I didn't just change my answers, or put on the reporting sheet that I had gotten better grades...

1) It's wrong....plain and simple

2) Yeah, I might have gotten away with it (even though God would have still known), but I wouldn't have learned if I had cheated or put down the wrong scores.

It's funny though cuz for a brief period my mom was around and looking over my school work.......she had previously homeschoole me and laughed that I was more critical and strict on the grading of my work than she would have been if she had been grading it.......meaning I marked things wrong that she would have given credit for as correct.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.