Make a New Sentence Using Episode Titles

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Make a New Sentence Using Episode Titles

Post by Peachey Keen »

I thought it might be fun to try this game. Make up a new sentence by only using just 2-3 AIO episode titles. No other words can be added and the titles must be in their full form.

Here's my first one:
Rumor has it Wooton knows best.

Who's next? It's harder than you think! :badgrin:

==EDIT==
Catspaw had the great suggestion to allow for some smaller words along with the titles. Feel free to add 1-2 letter conjunctions along with the titles, if you wish.
Last edited by Peachey Keen on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Fun idea, Peachey Keen! Years ago when my sister got married, I was her maid of honour, and I was totally stuck when I tried to write my speech...until the idea struck me to use AIO episode and album titles. Obviously then I used other words as well, unlike in this game, but it really was a lot of fun to sneak a ton of titles in, with only a few other fellow fans realizing what I was doing. I won't say my sister's married last name for privacy reasons, but her husband has a last name that is associated with AIO, so that was the source of my inspiration. He hadn't listened to AIO previously, so he didn't catch any of it. ;)

After trying to come up with something good for the game, I wonder if being able to add small filler words (the, a, in, and....) would be acceptable. :anxious: It sure would open up more possibilities.

Here's my attempt:
The Decision: Letting go, With a little help from my friends.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Catspaw wrote:Years ago when my sister got married, I was her maid of honour, and I was totally stuck when I tried to write my speech...until the idea struck me to use AIO episode and album titles. Obviously then I used other words as well, unlike in this game, but it really was a lot of fun to sneak a ton of titles in, with only a few other fellow fans realizing what I was doing.
That's such a cool story! Would be able to share a sample of that speech with us in the future? It sounds like fun!

Catspaw wrote:After trying to come up with something good for the game, I wonder if being able to add small filler words (the, a, in, and....) would be acceptable. :anxious: It sure would open up more possibilities.
That makes sense. I updated my original post to allow for conjunctions. Thanks!

Here's a new sentence I came up with:
It's all about me [and] my girl, Hallie.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Fun idea! Here's my try: Between you and me, something's got to change Aubrey's bathrobe...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Peachey Keen wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Years ago when my sister got married, I was her maid of honour, and I was totally stuck when I tried to write my speech...until the idea struck me to use AIO episode and album titles. Obviously then I used other words as well, unlike in this game, but it really was a lot of fun to sneak a ton of titles in, with only a few other fellow fans realizing what I was doing.
That's such a cool story! Would be able to share a sample of that speech with us in the future? It sounds like fun!
I saw your post a long time ago and kept forgetting to go dig up my old speech. Here it is, for anyone who is curious. I think I improvised a bit as I actually read it, but this is the written version. I thought it was pretty clever at the time, and it was fun to read it over again. I've left my sister's first initial but not her actual name.

I have had the pleasure of knowing K for her entire life. That's the benefit of being the big sister! A few of our younger years, when we were roommates, were a little less pleasant at times (at least for our mother), but looking back, I count it all joy.
When K first moved to [nearby city], I expected to hear that she had some second thoughts. Little did we know that she would be waylaid in the windy city by a handsome young man.
In our family, we don't have really suspicious minds, but eventually we got the idea that love was in the air.
K is good at keeping secrets (sometimes), but even she can only keep them for so long! We soon knew that this was a man we ought to see soon. Relationships can sometimes come with emotional baggage, but talking to K, there were no black clouds, only silver linings. Naturally, I assumed that K would make the right choice when the time came. There was no need to worry. Everything has gone exactly as planned, and I am so happy that we have the pleasure of adding R to our family. I knew that he was a keeper when he met our crazy family, got the third degree from [our brother], and still wasn't scared away!
Enjoy your journey through life together. I know that as you continue to follow God's leading, you will see that the best is yet to come!
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

Here's a bunch I came up with:

Our Father, The Other Woman, and Buried Sin. (Nope... not going there, keep it family friendly)

Emily the Genius, out of the picture, the right choice. (I hate that this still admits Emily Jones is a genius. *facepalms )

Pink is not my color and that's the truth, the undeniable truth.

It takes integrity for the fun of it.

Here today, gone tomorrow: a case of revenge with a little help from my friends. (we're coming for you, Emily Jones!!)

Clutter: Gone... for three dollars more.

But you promised it's all about me.

Not one of us, an agreeable nanny in sheep's clothing. (This PSA brought to you by the Agreeable Nannies Association)

A most intriguing question: Have you no selpercs?

Ice fishing now more than ever, it began with a rabbit's foot... (Odd choice of bait)

Have a heart hidden in my heart.

Walter's flying bus: terror from the skies! (Haven't actually heard Walter's flying bus yet, I don't have the club)
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I had forgotten about this thread.

You did an awesome job, Patterson! These are my favorite, especially the last one. So hilarious! :rofl2:
Patterson wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:50 pm Pink is not my color and that's the truth, the undeniable truth.

Not one of us, an agreeable nanny in sheep's clothing.

Walter's flying bus: terror from the skies!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Patterson wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:50 pm It takes integrity for the fun of it.

These ones were my favourites. :lol: Love it! Thanks for taking so much time to be creative, Patterson.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: