Favorite Whit History Episode(s)

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Favorite Whit History Episode(s)

Post by Bren »

What are your favorite episodes about Whit's history?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Probably the one that's always stood out to me the most was 'Thank You, God'. It helped that it was an episode in an album we had, but it stood out more than the others anyway, perhaps because it was more relatable. Clara and Recollections are also both great because they show his humanity, though; still recognizably Whit, but showing weaknesses that don't come up when we see him dealing with other people's problems. 'A Member of the Family' also really sets the tone for the struggle in his family life.

That said, perhaps the most intriguing 'Whit history episode' of all was the one that wasn't. "The War Hero" was intended to be about Whit instead of Joe Finneman, but Hal Smith passed away before it could be completed. It's still a great, classic episode, but I've always wondered ever since I found out about the change what our perception would have been if it was made the way it was meant to be. I think it's easier to 'forgive' Joe Finneman and say he was still ultimately a hero, because although we like and respect him (as we might a curmudgeonly uncle), he wasn't really a role model. Finding out that a grandfatherly authority figure we look up to, who we already thought was a hero before the episode, made that mistake would have more of a sting.
Last edited by Bob on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Off the top of my head, I'd probably say "Charlotte" and "Clara". In the thread about "Charlotte", I kinda explain why I love that episode. But both of these episodes hit hard and are remembered by fans for a reason. And although this one is less popular, I think "Great Expectations" is also a great episode about Whit's past. It has an enjoyable story, great characters, and a fantastic moral.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

One that hasn't been mentioned yet is The Triangle. Although this three-parter really has more character development for Jack than for Whit, it's still a fun story. :) Also, young Jenny is DYNAMITE.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes! I agree with ByeByeBrownie. "The Triangle" was the first episode I thought of when I saw the topic. It's so fun and adds a great backstory to Jack and Whit's friendship.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Silent Night. I always thought it was a more intimate look into his life.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh yeah, that's one of my favourites too. Good choice, Jonathan. It's so sweet.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

ByeByeBrownie wrote:One that hasn't been mentioned yet is The Triangle. Although this three-parter really has more character development for Jack than for Whit, it's still a fun story. :) Also, young Jenny is DYNAMITE.
Jonathan wrote:Silent Night. I always thought it was a more intimate look into his life.
Bob wrote:Probably the one that's always stood out to me the most was 'Thank You, God'.
I can't believe I forgot to mention all of these! That just goes to show how many amazing young Whit episodes there are.
Wod Fam Choc Sod
Not as new

Post by Wod Fam Choc Sod »

Silent Night is so sweet and beautiful, makes me cry.

Prequels of Love is awesome too, I absolutely LOVE Whit's spur-of-the-moment proposal to Jenny 😍
Read Odyssey's latest epic: The Checkmate Saga!!!
https://juliettederouledewrites.blogspo ... kmate.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Connie: (whispering) Oh, she looks beautiful, doesn't she?
Jason: (also whispering) Beautiful.
Connie: (tearfully) Everyone looks beautiful!
Jason: Yes, Connie, they're all beautiful.
Connie: Your dad. Oh... he looks great in that tuxedo. He's... oh... he's...
Jason: Beautiful.
Connie: (still fighting tears) Yeah. And Katrina in that dress...
Jason: She got her stitches out just in time.
Connie: (quavering) I think I'm gonna cry.
Jason: Here's my hankie.
Connie: *sniffs* Thank you.
Jason: I knew all along, by the way.
Connie: Well, good for you. Can I cry now, or are you gonna keep talking?
Jason: Have a good cry.
Connie: (sobbing) Thank you. *dramatic sobs* *blows nose*
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Wod Fam Choc Sod wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:56 pm Silent Night is so sweet and beautiful, makes me cry.

Prequels of Love is awesome too, I absolutely LOVE Whit's spur-of-the-moment proposal to Jenny 😍
"Good, now, allergies?"

Makes me laugh every time.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Hmmm. There's a lot of good ones, I'm gonna saaaaaay. .
. . Clara, probably.
Resident JRPG nut
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

It's too hard to pick a favorite, but An Act of Nobility is an interesting one. At least it's implied that it happened to Whit.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Patterson wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:29 pm It's too hard to pick a favorite, but An Act of Nobility is an interesting one. At least it's implied that it happened to Whit.
Wow, I never even thought of that one! I love that episode. You're right that it's strongly implied that it's a story from Whit's life and certainly adds the adventurous life of young John Avery. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Clara.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln