Building Games

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Building Games

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Hey! So, I am a huge fan of building games. Like the tycoon game and such.

I was wondering if anyone out there also was into them. If so, what are your favorites and what ones do you have?

So far, on steam, I have about 22 building games. City Skylines, Banished, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, Caesar 3, Space Colony, Children of the Nile, Rise of Industry, Kingdom and Castles, Anno 2070 and a few others. I also have Surviving Mars and Avon Colony on Xbox. I used to play Zoo Tycoon, Roller Coaster tycoon, etc. I also have Farm Simulator 19 and a few other simulators like trains and such.

My favorites are Pharoah+Cleopatra, Surviving Mars and Children of the Nile.

ImageImageImageImage
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I loved Zoo Tycoon as a kid. \:D/ I also enjoyed Minecraft but I didn't build anything super elaborate.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Danadelfos wrote:I loved Zoo Tycoon as a kid. \:D/ I also enjoyed Minecraft but I didn't build anything super elaborate.

Zoo Tycoon was THE GAME! Minecraft isn't what I thought it was. I played it once and haven't since.

ImageImageImageImage
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

The closest I can get to enjoying any kind of building game has been something like Cities: Skylines. I don't know if it's my lack of creativity or just having no connection with what's going on, but I never know what to do after a certain point in those kinds of games.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Monty wrote:The closest I can get to enjoying any kind of building game has been something like Cities: Skylines. I don't know if it's my lack of creativity or just having no connection with what's going on, but I never know what to do after a certain point in those kinds of games.
Yeah, City:Skylines is kind of hard to get the hang of. If you are interested you should check out ConflictNerd and ImperialJedi's youtube channels. They help you get started and give great ideas. Also, you could try out other types of building games that have senarios or challenges to help learn the ropes as most building games use the same layout and such.

ImageImageImageImage
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

If you like building bigger and bigger systems and automation Factorio is a blast \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Knight Fisher wrote:If you like building bigger and bigger systems and automation Factorio is a blast \:D/
It is on my Steam wishlist. Waiting for it to be on sale some day. lol

ImageImageImageImage