REUNION

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

How long has it been since you have come here?

5-10 years
73%
11 years
7%
12 years
No votes
13 years
No votes
14 years
No votes
15 years
7%
16 years
No votes
17 years
No votes
too long to remember
13%

Total votes: 15

Mountain_Girl
Classic

REUNION

Post by Mountain_Girl »

Not sure if there is a thread already for this, but I thought it would be cool to have!

For all the "Oldies" out there that have come back during the pandemic, how is everything!?

For me, I have gotten married (will be 11 years in June) been a missionary for as long too! I have recently gone back to college to finish my AA in English. I will be graduating in spring of 2021! I have also started my career in the freelance editing business, I have a few gigs on Fiverr at the moment.

It has been around 8 years since I last came on here. before that it was around 6 or 7 years.

For those who don't know, I came on here (or rather the TH at the time) when I was 14. I am 31 now. LOL!

ImageImageImageImage
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hey there,Mountain Girl! :wave:

I have been scarce around here because life has been just a tad bit busy. I got married almost 5 years ago, and we just had our 4th baby. \:D/ Soooo, yeah. Busy times.

Joined here when I was 18, now I'm 33. Where in the world did the years go??
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Sometimes I think of never posting again, but then I think “nah, my mere presence annoys enough people that I must keep on,” so while I probably go weeks and months without posting I still have the ToO on a tab at work and check over the front page most days. Just don’t often go to the effort of logging in.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

My plan for the last five years has been to eventually make my 10,000th post my very last. \:D/

also I don't know who is pulling old names out of the woodwork, but can that someone also resurrect Pseudonym? O:)
Last edited by jelly on Mon May 18, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

And JIA? 8-)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

And a boatload of others.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Memory is a weird thing, I haven't touched this forum in six-ish years and still remember how to navigate it. How's life?
*insert provocative quote here*
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I never really completely left per say, but real life took over and I mostly became a lurker. I figured it up last night and my last posting stint of any kind was 5ish months ago. However, the last time I was this active was probably about 4 years ago.

I've had my job at Casey's for almost 4 years. Funny how that jives with my transition to a lurker. ;) I got my apartment about 3 1/2 months after getting my job and it has been a wild adventure ever since.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

We should message everyone on social media to come join for a reunion! \:D/
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

EK wrote:We should message everyone on social media to come join for a reunion! \:D/
Especially on Zoom!

ImageImageImageImage
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Man, it has been ages since I've been on here. So strange how something can bring back such nostalgia after like 9 years! I don't think I have really posted much at all on here since before college! However, I still remember the emoji codes! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I. Have. Summoning. Powers.

Hey, JIA!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

JesusIsAlive wrote:Man, it has been ages since I've been on here. So strange how something can bring back such nostalgia after like 9 years! I don't think I have really posted much at all on here since before college! However, I still remember the emoji codes! \:D/
And you are 12 years old now! So grown up! =O
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

JesusIsAlive wrote:However, I still remember the emoji codes! \:D/
I still instinctively try to use these on other platforms, always to disappointment: \:D/ :x :anxious:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

JesusIsAlive wrote:Man, it has been ages since I've been on here. So strange how something can bring back such nostalgia after like 9 years! I don't think I have really posted much at all on here since before college! However, I still remember the emoji codes! \:D/
JIA!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I'm legit smiling.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! Hey JIA! Hey Musical Shutterbug! I love seeing so many people coming by the ToO.

I hope enough people continue to dislike Top that he continues to find it worthwhile to post here to annoy them.

I often wish that ToO smileys worked other places. They're just better than anywhere else. :yes:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

J-Man was lurking earlier. It's nice seeing these old names again.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

jelly wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:However, I still remember the emoji codes! \:D/
I still instinctively try to use these on other platforms, always to disappointment: \:D/ :x :anxious:
these 3 are my all-time favorites, especially the first one. it's a shame they didn't catch on elsewhere :(

also hi everyone
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

EK wrote:
JIA!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I'm legit smiling.
I'm glad I could put a smile on your face. :lol:

I too wish that :anxious: and \:D/ worked on other platforms.

And yes, twelve years old. Hard to believe. I changed my age to zero back when we switched to this version of phpbb. In actuality, I'm approximately the same age as Top was back when I was active on the forum (28), and we're about to have our third kid (StupendousMan and I, that is). I'm going to introduce our younglings to Adventures in Odyssey soon because I feel like our oldest is about to the age of appreciation for it. \:D/
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Oh wow, never thought this would happen!
Hi everyone!
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY