Disney covers

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Disney covers

Post by Monty »

* split from here
bookworm wrote:Hercules is underrepresented in Disney parody/cover videos; I was pleased to see it included here, and it was a great adaptation. "I can social distance" is brilliant.
Is this accurate? I feel like I see a lot of Hercules covers out there. One of my favourites is "How Far I'll Go The Distance".
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It's accurate in what I've seen around personally, but admittedly I don't watch too many cover videos. I probably should have just kept the comment to parody videos which I watch more of and am more confident saying it's not often included there.
shnoodlec
Tallying up

Post by shnoodlec »

This is one of my all-time favorite youtube videos, on the topic of Hercules covers :)
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread HERE. come find me on the ToO chat if you dare.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Splitting these posts to keep the other thread on topic because I want to continue on this one.

I don't generally watch covers because they're just someone standing there singing. That's fine, it's nice for them, but if I'm going to just be listening to a song it may as well be the beloved original. I only tend to pay attention to cover videos that have more to them than just someone singing someone else's song. I like when they have a spin put on it, or it's a medley or mashup, or they at least have a costume or visual theme that shows thoughtful production value.

Sometimes you get all of those things and I really appreciate it. The videos made by Peter Hollens are as impressive for the wardrobe and location choices as the actual singing I think.

Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I would have loved to be there for this

I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty