YouTube Comments

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

YouTube Comments

Post by EK »

Do you guys ever venture into the comments section of a video just to see what people have to say? I have a tendency to do this... it’s hit and miss information wise, and I find myself almost goaded into commenting back sometimes, but I never do.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I sometimes read some comments, but try not to as a rule because comments on the internet are so often terrible. ;) It depends on what kind of video it is. I used to watch some scripted webseries (like Lizzie Bennet Diaries) that had great comments because it was basically all real fans loving the show and wondering together about what would happen next. In general, however, I have not found that to be the case. I totally know what you mean about sometimes wanting to comment back but not actually doing so. I don't think it's the kind of setting where it has a good chance of being productive, plus I'm not much for conflict in general.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Depends on the video. For just some random thing, hardly ever. There's no reason to. The reason I glance through comments is just to get an overview of the takeaways people are sharing, so I only do it on a webseries episode or something of similar production quality. Something intended to be appreciated and discussed more than 'look at this cat video!'
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeeeeah this was a terrible idea for a topic. I forget that creating topics isn’t really a stream of consciousness thing like reddit or whatnot.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Me reading YouTube comments: :dumb: :hiding: