Why do you like the Characters

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Why do you like the Characters

Post by dancer02248 »

so what are your favotire things about some characters...

i'd have to say that first of all i have come to really like Jack allen, when i was "Younger" i didn't like him that much, but i've found his speaches etc. to be very thought provoking, and he adds a very mature concept to the show.

then i also like Wooton on the other hand for the silliness he brings to the show. he porves you can be mature, yet still fun, God loving, and a great person!

that's all for now, but i'll probably post more on it later!
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

I like Connie because she shows that we have to keep working at being a good Christian.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

ajamj wrote:I like Connie because she shows that we have to keep working at being a good Christian.
Ditto.^
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Ooh! Hard! I like Connie because (this is silly) because, I just love her. I like Eugene because he is just funny. Wooton, is awesome because he is so funny. :D
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I love Mandy, she's so sweet.

But Tom Riley is really so sweet. He cares so much for everybody and he's so nice. Plus, he has horses! 3 of them! Leah, Rachel, and Little Joe! :inlove:
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I've always been terribly fond of Bart Rathbone, blundering along...they never really try to reach out to him and bring him to Christ...I wonder why not. I like his little patterns of speech and quaint tiffs with Rodney...it's all so cute...in real life mean, cheating, abusive fathers are 10x as mean...but Bart is somehow pure still. :D
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Frank wrote:...they never really try to reach out to him and bring him to Christ...I wonder why not.
Because the series will always be in need of the village idiot. Also, they have tried before; Sunday Morning Scramble for example.
Frank wrote:I like his little patterns of speech and quaint tiffs with Rodney...it's all so cute...in real life mean, cheating, abusive fathers are 10x as mean...but Bart is somehow pure still. :D
He can do that b/c he's not too bright^_^

Interestingly enough I was thinking about this; the shows characters are one of the things that sets the show apart (and this train of though started with Home Improvement's last ep, but that's beside the point). While I won't single out any specific character, I will say that the biggest quality that draw us to them and why we love them so much is they are believable. We can identify with them in some way or another. It's one of the things that makes it hard to remember Odyssey isn't real. Or as Katie Leigh put it; "It's art imitating life".

-Jonathan
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Jonathan wrote:
Frank wrote:...they never really try to reach out to him and bring him to Christ...I wonder why not.
Because the series will always be in need of the village idiot. Also, they have tried before; Sunday Morning Scramble for example.
No! I want him to come to Christ in a tender, heart wrenching episode! He's been the village idiot for like 12 years!!!! What if he dies? Do you want such a beloved character to go...er...no...you don't. So yeah...I petition that we evangelize to Bart Rathbone! :protest:
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

I can't decide on my favorite charactors though they are all interesting. It takes all sorts of people to make a world
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

My favorite would probably be Jason Whitaker. I like how he was a spy, then a small town ice cream manager, then missionary.

Yours Truely,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I like Don Iowa, because he makes me laugh every time I listen to Aloha, Oy! :lol:

I also like Wooton, because he is just so much like a kid, and so sweet and caring and funny. He's great.

Of course, I like almost all of the characters, for different reasons. They all have their own personality and there are things I love about them, and things I hate about them. Just like real people.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:I like Don Iowa, because he makes me laugh every time I listen to Aloha, Oy! :lol:

I also like Wooton, because he is just so much like a kid, and so sweet and caring and funny. He's great.

Of course, I like almost all of the characters, for different reasons. They all have their own personality and there are things I love about them, and things I hate about them. Just like real people.
Don Iowa is hilarious! Go Don!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Don Iowa is very likeable because he's so nice, but very fun and random at the same time. \:D/ Would you please pass the piano? ;)

I like Jason becuase he's so human. He messes up in the dumbest ways sometimes, but he's easy to relate to because of it, plus he's cool! ;) He makes some of the same mistakes over and over again, but always figures it out (or has it told to him) and he once again tries to change.

I like Wooton for being so genuine and truly caring about people. He likes to do goofy stuff and have fun, but caring about people is usually at the centre of it all. Yay for funnel cakes! ;)

I like Jack Allen because he may not find it easy to stand up to some people, but when he has to, he eventually will. He may find a non-confrontational solution to a problem, but he doesn't ignore stuff - he just looks at it from a different angle. I love his conversation with Connie in "Seeing Red" where he's like, "I don't know what I was thinking" when Connie is talking to him like he's Mitch. He's always caring and kind, willing to offer gentle words of wisdom when they're needed.

I like Whit for being Whit. :) He connects with tons of people, both kids and adults, and always seems to have time for what truly matters. He isn't without fault, but he's still an ideal to look up to in a lot of ways. He's like the grandfather that everyone wants to have, even if he made some mistakes with his own family. I love the older episodes that end with Whit (Hal Smith) laughing, often with Tom or somebody like that. To me, that's the perfect ending - the wonderful sound of Hal Smith's laugh.

As you can tell, I like lots of characters. :D I could ramble on forever, but I won't. ;)
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Catspaw wrote:Don Iowa is very likeable because he's so nice, but very fun and random at the same time. \:D/ Would you please pass the piano? ;)
Certainly. Would you like the grand piano or the e-piano? ;)
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Evil Chick wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Don Iowa is very likeable because he's so nice, but very fun and random at the same time. \:D/ Would you please pass the piano? ;)
Whichever would let the goose preserve the porch! ;)
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Catspaw wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:
Whichever would let the goose preserve the porch! ;)
:lol: :hilarious: Yep.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

i love all the characters for different reasons-but here are a few specifics

Whit-for his wisdom and the aura of security he carries with him, like a father or grandfather figure, like when he's there you know it will all be ok

Jack-for his courage to stand up for his convictions, and for his gentleness

alex- he always wants to do the right thing and stay out of trouble, and then gets talked into it by a friend (CAL!!) and then regrets doing it, I think he is the most real AIO kid...he is a likeable character without having any special qualities and not all that funny either

wooten-he's funny, lbut he has a tender, compassionate side as well, he loves God and is secrue and confident in his character...He brings life to episodes
i could make a list like this with al the characters...maybe i'll do that sometime
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I want to visit Wooton's house. Who's with me? :thewave:
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:I want to visit Wooton's house. Who's with me? :thewave:
Definitely! That would be so awesome!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Evil Chick wrote:
HarlowRoxMySox wrote:I want to visit Wooton's house. Who's with me? :thewave:
Definitely! That would be so awesome!
Yay! Bring me, too! \:D/ I want some of his famous vegetarian casserole! ;)