Looking for Recommendations...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Looking for Recommendations...

Post by Jehoshaphat »

I currently have nothing to read except school books and those aren't the most interesting things.

What book suggestions to people have?

I like sci-fi, fantasy, etc. Some of my favorite books include, the Shadow Series(Ender's Game included), the Lightbringer series, classics like Narnia, LOTR, Harry Potter, etc, the Circle series.

Anyone recommend anything along these lines?
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Have you read Redwall? If not, that is my suggestion. although you should read comics, but we aren't getting into that now
Resident JRPG nut
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I have read pretty much all of the Redwall collection. It was a definite favorite growing up!
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

If you like high fantasy, I would recommend the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, and I'm sure KF would agree. \:D/ It's what I think of as a more traditional fantasy series, maybe somewhere between LOTR and ASOIAF.

The Broken Earth trilogy by N.K. Jemisin blends sci-fi, fantasy, and post-apocalyptic themes. It's an modern take on the tropes of those themes, brilliantly executed and seamlessly blending science and magic (though that takes place mainly in the second and third book).
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."