Lifeway Stores Closing

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Lifeway Stores Closing

Post by Laurie »

I read on Twitter last night that Lifeway Christian Stores is closing all 170 of their stores. There is an article at http://www.christianitytoday.com confirming this news. If you are lucky enough to have a store near you I urge you to go as often as you can. Believe me you will regret it if you don't. I still miss the Lifeway Store that closed in my area.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's too bad. We don't have any in Canada (as far as I know) but I know I would really miss my local Christian bookstore if they closed. I'm sure this is very disappointing for a lot of employees and regular customers.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Dunno if I ever went to one of those, but that's too bad, Christian book stores are dropping like flies... we had a local one that was bought out by Parable and it closed a few years ago, not sure if Parable still exists elsewhere or not, though. My brother was a district manager at another Christian chain and they all closed down as well. :(