Post the last AIO episode you listened to!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Got to join the listening party for a bit but had to stop after Shining Armor
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I decided to try listening to some newer episodes, so I'm listening to the "Between the Lines" episodes. I think this is album is roughly where I stopped listening a few years ago, so I decided to pick it up again here.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I last listened to "The Nemesis, Parts 1-2". :inlove: It's one of my favorites.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Starting Three Funerals and a Wedding now.
The listening party was so fun yesterday
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I'm listening to the "A Very Bassett Wedding" episodes. I forgot what I was listening to for a bit because the actor who plays Penny's dad sounds JUST like Hal Smith at a few points in the episode. When he laughed, I felt like I was hearing Whit again... oh my gosh, it took me back.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I listened to "Opening Day". This is the first episode I've heard in years. I teared up a little listening to the opening theme again.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Penguin wrote:I listened to "Opening Day". This is the first episode I've heard in years. I teared up a little listening to the opening theme again.
It's amazing how much nostalgia you can have attached to music!

I just listened to the "Legacy" episodes on my quest to work through some of the newer albums. Honestly, I've been liking some of the newer episodes more than I thought I would, but I think these episodes were what made me stop listening a few years ago. It felt weird that Tom was gone--and had been gone for so long--and then they just launch into a musical. I might have asked this somewhere else, but do they ever mention what happened to Agnes?

I'm going to keep listening, though, because I kind of ship Buck and Jules now. :anxious:
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Petrichor wrote:I just listened to the "Legacy" episodes on my quest to work through some of the newer albums. Honestly, I've been liking some of the newer episodes more than I thought I would, but I think these episodes were what made me stop listening a few years ago. It felt weird that Tom was gone--and had been gone for so long--and then they just launch into a musical. I might have asked this somewhere else, but do they ever mention what happened to Agnes?
"Legacy" was such a big tonal mess. They should have one episode remembering Tom and then a separate one as a musical. I wish that they would have at least mentioned what happened to Agnes. :?
Petrichor wrote:I'm going to keep listening, though, because I kind of ship Buck and Jules now. :anxious:
You aren't the only one! At this point, most fans, including myself, do.

I just listened to "Melanie's Diary."
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Monica Stone wrote: "Legacy" was such a big tonal mess. They should have one episode remembering Tom and then a separate one as a musical. I wish that they would have at least mentioned what happened to Agnes. :?
Yeah, two episodes would have been a better approach. The musical itself doesn't really relate to anything else and could easily have been a self-contained episode. It would have been nice to hear from characters who actually knew Tom, not just random characters who showed up out of the blue. Personally, I think it would have been much more meaningful to pull in some of the old child actors from back in the day so they could talk about Tom and his impact on their lives. (Also would have been a great chance for a cameo from my favs, Tony and Brianna. :- ) Apparently I listened to those episodes EXACTLY three years ago (what are the odds?) and wrote my thoughts about it in another thread. :p Still don't know what happened to the Timothy Center or Agnes.
Petrichor wrote:
I concur with the odd tone of these episodes. I was shocked when they said that Tom had been dead for years. It made me unexpectedly sad, considering that I already knew about Walker Edminston's death. :( But then the next episode was almost 100% a peppy musical, with practically no mention of Tom? It felt strange, and I didn't think it was a fitting sendoff for such a beloved character. They also never addressed what would happen to the Timothy Center, which honestly would have been a much bigger part of Tom's legacy than the farm. Also, what happens to Agnes now? Tom is gone, Joanne is gone... Is she at Hillingdale Haven all by herself forever?
Anyways, I'm now listening to the "Find a Penny" episodes. It seems so dramatic for Wooton and Penny, but I'm interested to hear how it all works out!
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Petrichor wrote:
Petrichor wrote:
I concur with the odd tone of these episodes. I was shocked when they said that Tom had been dead for years. It made me unexpectedly sad, considering that I already knew about Walker Edminston's death. :( But then the next episode was almost 100% a peppy musical, with practically no mention of Tom? It felt strange, and I didn't think it was a fitting sendoff for such a beloved character. They also never addressed what would happen to the Timothy Center, which honestly would have been a much bigger part of Tom's legacy than the farm. Also, what happens to Agnes now? Tom is gone, Joanne is gone... Is she at Hillingdale Haven all by herself forever?
Anyways, I'm now listening to the "Find a Penny" episodes. It seems so dramatic for Wooton and Penny, but I'm interested to hear how it all works out!
I would assume Agnes passed before Tom, but we'll probably never know. :( Fortunately, there is a later episode that better deals with Tom's passing.
"Finding a Penny, Parts 1-2" is a lot of fun! I'm glad the episode didn't take itself so seriously and didn't make it melodramatic. I actually solved a part of the mystery when I first heard it, which I'm proud of. \:D/

I last listened to "Great Expectations."
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I just listened to "Friend or Foe," and I was really pleasantly surprised. I've been frustrated that Connie has been static for so long, and seeing her move into a more mature, authoritative role with taking care of Jules is exactly what I wanted for her character.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

Petrichor wrote:I just listened to "Friend or Foe," and I was really pleasantly surprised. I've been frustrated that Connie has been static for so long, and seeing her move into a more mature, authoritative role with taking care of Jules is exactly what I wanted for her character.
That's a great episode. Now, I'm listening to that one because I just remembered how amazing it is.
I especially love the scene where Connie comes to the restaurant and confronts an annoyed Jules. The acting is amazing, especially on Katie Leigh's part. I love the dynamic between Connie and Jules. They have a different dynamic than most siblings in media.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Monica Stone wrote:
Petrichor wrote:I just listened to "Friend or Foe," and I was really pleasantly surprised. I've been frustrated that Connie has been static for so long, and seeing her move into a more mature, authoritative role with taking care of Jules is exactly what I wanted for her character.
That's a great episode. Now, I'm listening to that one because I just remembered how amazing it is.
I especially love the scene where Connie comes to the restaurant and confronts an annoyed Jules. The acting is amazing, especially on Katie Leigh's part. I love the dynamic between Connie and Jules. They have a different dynamic than most siblings in media.
I LOVE that episode!

I just listened to The Secret Keys of Discipline. XD Not my favorite episode, but the montage of clips at the beginning is hilarious!
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Worst Day Ever. Kinda stressful to listen to.. poor Mandy!
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I just listened to "The Toy" for the first time.
AHHHHH! I was so happy to hear Ed again. This episode was also unexpectedly moving. I wasn't planning to cry today.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

The Triangle. Feels kinda relatable in a strange way.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

I just listened to The Underground Railroad. I have so many nostalgia feels for this episode, as it was like the first one we ever owned. We had it on a random loose cassette tape somebody gave us.
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

The Underground Railroad is a classic.

Finishing Exit right now. The end of Novacom.. dun dun duuuuun
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Listened to The Mystery of the Clock Tower and started Album 44 Eugene Returns. I only got up to the third episode on the album.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

I last listened to "The Truth About Zachary" :(