GameBot in the Chatroom

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have two new game plugins to announce!

The first is kind of a joke, but it is an actual functioning game if anyone wants to play it. I've created a version of the reaction game Bop It for some reason. I have no clue why the idea to do this came into my mind, it's so dumb, but once I had it I realized that as silly a thought as making a text version of that game is it would actually be a great coding exercise to implement those kinds of game mechanics in a way the bot would be able to run, so I went ahead and did it.

This one was for my benefit, it was all about the process of writing the code more than thinking people would actually play the resulting game, but hey it's there now. And even though this is mostly a joke, there is something actually significant about it: this is the first game to have any data that persists beyond the current session! It tracks and saves the high score that has been reached, even after the bot restarts.

On a more usual note, I have also implemented the cooperative party game Just One!

I am very pleased with this! I wrote it from scratch and it took a lot of problem solving because the gameplay is really different from any of the other games that have been made so far. It was very gratifying to think through how the game flow needed to be designed and then be able to get it working.

This is the first entirely cooperative game in the library, so that's also neat. If you're in the mood for a more casual game where everyone works together then start this one up! :)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

That was really fun last night! I've always enjoyed Password, and it was similar.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.