Blind Date With a Book

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Blind Date With a Book

Post by Marvin D. »

Just bought a belated Christmas present for a friend as I can't sleep, thought I'd recommend it to everyone \:D/ Put the surprise back into gifting books and give your friends (or yourself!) a gift of a book that you don't know what it is. It's wrapped up and provides little hints, but doesn't spoil it. They ship worldwide (for cheap too) and you can also send them as a gift easily \:D/ Here's the link for all interested: http://blinddatewithabook.com
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Did you post this just for the extra money? :noway:

It's an interesting idea though.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I didn't realize that there was a site like that! I have participated in a book swap based on this idea. It was a work thing where everyone brought a book wrapped in paper with a few descriptive words on it and then everyone got to pick one (in order, based on random numbers we pulled) and take home a new book. It was a lot of fun! My local library has sometimes done stuff like this too.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don't know if I would ever go for something like this (on the giving end) unless it's really inexpensive. I appreciate the concept, but buying something that you have no idea what it is doesn't sit well with me.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

bookworm wrote:Did you post this just for the extra money? :noway:

It's an interesting idea though.
this is my yearly contribution to the ToO when I come back around December :noway:

I think it's pretty cheap, however--7 pounds so 10-ish dollars? you have enough hints, however: you can tell the genre and what age it's oriented at, which is fairly similar to what you do for some books, anyways, especially when you're purchasing something and it wasn't recommended. I thought it was pretty fun and I think my friend will like it \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer