Ask the old guy

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Ask the old guy

Post by Old Brad »

Feel free to ask me anything, be it personal, philosophical, advisory or otherwise! There are no stupid questions. I might even go so far as to give a backstory behind some answers, I haven't decided yet. :p

What are you waiting for? Ask away!
Last edited by Old Brad on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

What is a question you want to be asked?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

You know, as I was posting this thread, I kind of wondered what type of question the first would be. It honestly never occurred to me that the first would be a clarifying question. It is what it is though. I want to be asked any question you can think of. Whether it be unobtrusive or obtrusive. (I refuse, however, to give out my bank account numbers or SS number. :noway: )
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

No. I just wondered if there was a question you have heard being asked and would like to be asked the same because you have a good answer. Is there?
#ForeverKitty
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Oh! No, there is no question in particular. I just figure giving backstories is a fun twist to do.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Okay then. What's with your status? Where did you get that from? Why did you choose it? ARE YOU A REAL COWBOY OR ARE YOU FAKE, SIR? Do you really post like Shadowpaw as your rank says?
#ForeverKitty
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Did you survive the first of December?
What is your favourite book series?
Do you have a favourite period of time?
What is your favourite literary genre?
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I apologize for taking so long, life was busy the past couple of days.
Kaida wrote:Okay then. What's with your status? Where did you get that from? Why did you choose it?
I have what has been referred to (especially by me) as an odd sense of humor. I especially like puns which is obviously what it is. I got it from either some joke site, or book. I chose it because it was short and pretty funny in my humble, perfect opinion.
Kaida wrote:ARE YOU A REAL COWBOY OR ARE YOU FAKE, SIR?
Well that definitely depends on what makes a cowboy real or fake. I love to dress up in cowboy attire (although I don't do it nearly enough). However if you define a real cowboy as one who rounds up cattle everyday, then I would probably be a fake. :(
Kaida wrote:Do you really post like Shadowpaw as your rank says?
Well, I guess to an extent, I don't really post very much if that counts. ;)
GJFH wrote:Did you survive the first of December?
Well I'm still here so I guess I did. :anxious:
GJFH wrote:What is your favourite book series?
Oh, that is really hard.. there are so many good ones. Some of my favorites are the Wingfeather Saga, The Binding of the Blade, The Kingdom series, and Harry Potter (go ahead, stone me ;) ). I guess I would probably choose the Wingfeather Saga as my favorite. I would recommend that series to anyone.
GJFH wrote:Do you have a favourite period of time?
I have a couple actually, as an overall time in history, I really like the medieval time period. For a period of time in the US though, the time around the Civil War.
GJFH wrote:What is your favourite literary genre?
Overall favorite is definitely mystery. I enjoy trying to figure out who did it when reading a book for the first time.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

What's your relevant bank account info?
What's your Social Security number?
Do you have any credit cards?

;)

Favorite punctuation mark?
Favourite monarch from European history?
What are some of your favorite books?
Do you prefer typing or writing?
Pen or pencil?
When you have to wear a watch, do you put it on the left wrist or the right one?
Why?
If you could have one more skill that you don't already have, what would it be?
What would you like your life to be like when you're 30?
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Bob wrote:What's your relevant bank account info?
My account number is 12345678. I asked the banker why, out of the 100,000,000 possibilities I got that one... ;)
Bob wrote:What's your Social Security number?
Social Security number? What's that? O:)
Bob wrote:Do you have any credit cards?

;)
Nope. :P
Bob wrote:Favorite punctuation mark?
I would say "?". Mainly because I like to ask questions and that's one of the best ways to learn new things.
Bob wrote:Favourite monarch from European history?
I don't really have a favorite as I don't know very many of the monarchs.
Bob wrote:What are some of your favorite books?
Some of my absolute favorites are the Sherlock Holmes books. I also usually enjoy Agatha Christie and Louis L'amour.
Bob wrote:Do you prefer typing or writing?
I enjoy typing, but I'm not really that good at it, so typically I write as I can do it a bit quicker.
Bob wrote:Pen or pencil?
Pen, I don't like to be constantly sharpening my writing utensil.
Bob wrote:When you have to wear a watch, do you put it on the left wrist or the right one?
Why?
Left wrist, mainly because I'm right handed, so I want to have that hand freer in case I accidentally smack it against a wall or something. Most likely if I hit something it's with my right hand and I'd rather not risk damaging my watch.
Bob wrote:If you could have one more skill that you don't already have, what would it be?
Probably skill in programming. :p
Bob wrote:What would you like your life to be like when you're 30?
In all honesty, when I'm 30, I want my life to be more sold out for Christ than it is now. I also want to have more faith, to trust Him for every single detail of my existence.

{EDIT 11.27.18}: Still taking questions... or not... Whatever you guys want to do... ;)
Last edited by Old Brad on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.