The Godmother Speaks

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
GJ
Pilgrim

The Godmother Speaks

Post by GJ »

Give me something to rant about, a word, a theory or any subject. I'll do absolute best to explain my perspective on things or evoke enough emotion to make you laugh out loud :D .
Even a personal question would be fun. :)
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Rant about socks.

When did you join the aio community?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Socks are...a very important thing. There isn't anything one can say to lessen my love of the footwear. I wouldn't think why a person would bother to do so, seeing as what socks have done for society. Socks, have originated from the need to keep feet warm, as history tells. And in actuality, if one is able to keep their feet warm, blood will rise and bring warthm to the rest of the body. A steady flow of blood fights off infection and can save a soul from frostbite. Though if one is safe indoors, the intent is changed, though still of the upmost importance. In my opinion at least. Socks can serve as a statement of one's personality, zany, dull, or the argyle print of a golfer. In most cases, it is assumed a person not wearing socks has superior strength though I would say in our society today, socks are a necessity and everyone should be fitted with a pair.

I joined this awesome community in January, desperate for conversation on my favourite radio drama, the conversation I wasn't receiving from my family or friends. I did know about Whit's End.org, and knew a writer from the fandom at fanfiction.net. Though really, I had no idea this community existed and there are people who want to stay awake until two in the morning talking about AIO. Honestly, everyone is tight-knit and warm, and friendly... =D>
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Rant about the ToO chat.

Would you rather fly or teleport? And why?
Would you rather be a mermaid or fairy?
Would you rather be an ogre or a giant?
Is there something you'd want to do if you weren't so scared of it?
What's more embarrassing for you, falling in front of people or spoiling something all over your clothes?
Do you have siblings?
#ForeverKitty
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Kaida wrote:Rant about the ToO chat.

Would you rather fly or teleport? And why?
Would you rather be a mermaid or fairy?
Would you rather be an ogre or a giant?
Is there something you'd want to do if you weren't so scared of it?
What's more embarrassing for you, falling in front of people or spoiling something all over your clothes?
Do you have siblings?
Well, I for one, have never found anyplace quite like the ToO chat. Probably since I don't visit any other chat rooms. Which I might do, if I find one worthy. Anyways, the ToO. It's amazing, the conversation between people from around the globe. It's rapid, there isn't any wait, even with private messages. When you get on you're live with a dozen others, who are interested in similar topics. You get to hear different opinions and give your own in a quick and simple way, by using your keyboard as your vocabulary. It's as if the other people are in the same room, marvellous!

I'd fly. For the feeling of the wind pushing against me. Teleporting sounds too easy.
I'd be a mermaid. 8-)
A giant.
Ooh, good question. Yes, public speaking. There's this alternative universe in my head where I'm really good with it.
Falling in front of people.
I do. :mrgreen:
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Do you think children should be sheltered from hurt and pain?
What age do you think people should be able to vote?
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Kathy0 wrote:Do you think children should be sheltered from hurt and pain?
What age do you think people should be able to vote?
Well, it's difficult to shelter a child completely from such things. It sounds cynical, I'm thinking of what Whit said to Jason in Life Expectancy. You can't wrap bubble wrap around children, or keep them from the light of day. It's important, I think, to be there, and protect your children as best as you can, doing unto them as you would have others do unto you. It's a law you should abide by always, sadly though, as they grow they'll want more adventure and independence. Which is why safety should be taught, precautions, knowing what to do and who to turn to.

Twenty-one I've heard. The people I know argue the brain is farther developed at that age, and its true.

Sorry for the lousy answers, I'm really tired and obviously have never had kids myself...
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Back atcha:

Who is your favourite character from Adventures in Odyssey, and why?
Who is your least favourite character, and why?
What do you think of when someone says desert?
What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
What are some of your pet peeves?
What's the funniest prank you've pulled?
What's the oddest thing you like to eat?
Jam or Jelly? Grape or Strawberry?
What music do you listen to?
Would you like to be asked serious questions or does it not matter?
What was your favourite subject in high school?
Are you generally more comfortable starting a conversation or would you prefer someone else speak first?
What would you say is one of your best character traits?
Do you think you are more sarcastic or goofy?
What do you think the world could do with less of?
Which two Adventures in Odyssey characters do you most like seeing interact?
Who do you wish the world saw more of, as a role model?
Do you have any weird quirks?
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Bob wrote: Who is your favourite character from Adventures in Odyssey, and why?
Jason, now I know he isn't perfect. I think that I've always envied his easy going personality, his confidence, and loved the adventures he had. He's quite different from the other characters, and had a past similar to his father's. Though we've seen him struggle with his pride and giving up control. Choosing to put his faith before anything else. We've seen him be emotional, and be almost unbearably stubborn. And I've understood more of what he thinks now that I've gotten older, I emphasise somewhat. Also, he's got a nice sense of humour.
Bob wrote: Who is your least favourite character, and why?
*thinks* I think Valerie irritated me and I hold to the unpopular opinion Jared DeWhite is a bit too much.
Bob wrote: What do you think of when someone says desert?
An area lacking the substance necessary for keeping a soul alive.
Bob wrote: What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Chocolate.
Bob wrote: What are some of your pet peeves?
People interrupting, demeaning attitudes, books not treated right. People littering, cursing in front of kids, people who don't clean up after themselves...
Bob wrote: What's the funniest prank you've pulled?
Hmm...I'll get back to you on that one.
Bob wrote: What's the oddest thing you like to eat?
I add honey to my chocolate milk sometimes. :D
Bob wrote: Jam or Jelly? Grape or Strawberry?
Jam, grape.
Bob wrote: What music do you listen to?
Rap, hip hop, indie, and classical. 8-)
Bob wrote: Would you like to be asked serious questions or does it not matter?
Bob wrote: What was your favourite subject in high school?
I'm still in high school actually, so Geometry maybe, I'm finding it enjoyable somehow. Or Spanish, which isn't difficult.
Bob wrote: Are you generally more comfortable starting a conversation or would you prefer someone else speak first?
I'm certainly not comfortable with it, though I can do it if need be.
Bob wrote: What would you say is one of your best character traits?
*asks older sister* I'm caring.
Bob wrote: Do you think you are more sarcastic or goofy?
I'm a goof. :D
Bob wrote: What do you think the world could do with less of?
Arrogance, entitlement, liars, corrupt politicians, compromises, mediocrity, hypocrisy, and the media romanticizing sin.
Bob wrote: Which two Adventures in Odyssey characters do you most like seeing interact?
Jason and Jack. :( Or Jason and Eugene.
Bob wrote: Who do you wish the world saw more of, as a role model?
People like Connie Kendall, or Whit.
Bob wrote:Do you have any weird quirks?
I do, I like to draw fake tattoos onto myself.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Heyy! here goes...
Rant about the Connie+Jason ship :lol:

Here are some questions too:
Favorite...
Color?
Animal?
Odyssey character?
Fast food restaurant?

Do you have any pet peeves?
Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
Do I talk too much?
How did you find the ToO?

okay, I think I'm done. *pants for breath* :bolt:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Who is your favourite celebrity?
If you could be any fruit what would it be?
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Parakeet wrote:Heyy! here goes...
Rant about the Connie+Jason ship :lol:

Here are some questions too:
Favorite...
Color?
Animal?
Odyssey character?
Fast food restaurant?

Do you have any pet peeves?
Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
Do I talk too much?
How did you find the ToO?

okay, I think I'm done. *pants for breath* :bolt:
Oh goodness. My time has come. *cracks knuckles*
It may, or may not surprise you to know I used to be an active and vocal Connie + Jason shipper. I've made dozens of memes, written countless posts, and argued a few naysayers on the topic. Now that I can look back, I realise my affection for this ship came naturally, and wasn't a result of any outside influence, rather, having listened to the episodes where the two interacted and developing the idea they belong together.
That being said, I won't criticize anyone for shipping them, because I can understand what it is to grow up hearing two people show that they care for each other and assume they could make a couple. All the while, I don't think there's potential for a romance, and here's why:

1. I've been in position similar to Connie's and once crushed on a older, male coworker. During that time I had to think about what I needed, and what he needed, which is the woman he's currently, and happily married to. I could not have seriously imagined us marrying in the future.
2. Honestly, Jason is at least fifteen years older than Connie is. The difference in brain development is staggering, he's experienced some pretty gruesome things, and she can't relate to that, can't understand why he chooses to act a certain way as a reflection of his inner turmoil. She needs security and the promise her spouse will supply, not to say Jason isn't capable of that, but the writers have given him a craving for danger and excitment. He's definalty matured, though still consistenly showing what he priotizies.
3. I came to the final conclusion after reading my friend TigerShadow's post on the ship. http://trentdewitty.tumblr.com/post/149 ... d-age-gaps

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if by miraculous chance, the writers bring the two together, who am I to change their minds? If you skimmed through my rant and thought me to sound unkind, I apologize, I really don't intend to be mean, only to give reason for my belief.
Green.
Dog.
Jason Whittaker.
In N Out. 8-)

Mmmmh. The cold, people who walk slowly while in lead, those who litter. Untied shoelaces, being forced to speak, incorrect spelling.

I'm an ambivert. :)

Nope.

Originally, I found it through googling "Adventures in Odyssey". That was about three years ago, and I remember not joining because it looked outdated and I couldn't figure out how. I've known about it longer than the SS. I sort of re-discovered it by hearing my fellow SS'ers talk about it. :D
Kathy0 wrote:
Who is your favourite celebrity?
If you could be any fruit what would it be?
Paul McCusker.
A kumquat.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

What type of books do you like?
Have you ever pulled a prank on someone?
What style of clothes do you like?
What's your favorite thing about you?
#ForeverKitty
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Kaida wrote:What type of books do you like?
Have you ever pulled a prank on someone?
What style of clothes do you like?
What's your favorite thing about you?
Adventure stories where friendships take place, and love is proven to be stronger than hate.

Yes, ma'am. I used to put my shoes into the shoes of my parents. They couldn't see why their feet wouldn't fit, and it was hilarious!

Causal elegance is how I would put it, a lacy blouse with green coloured leggings. :)

Hmmm. I really want to say I'm a kind and thoughtful person, though it's a bit prideful of me to say I'm nice. :-k

Thank you for the questions. :inlove:
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Did you do anything for April Fools Day?

And you are a kind and thoughtful person.
Last edited by Connie G. on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

This is for rants, right?

Rant about written prayers.

AND

What does "praying without ceasing" mean?
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Rant about children. :evil:
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

How many pairs of shoes do you own?
What color is your doorknob?
Do you have a bookshelf in your room?
What song is stuck in your head at the moment?
What is that one decoration in your room that you really like?
DO YOU KNOW THE MUFFIN MAN?
#ForeverKitty
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:This is for rants, right?

Rant about written prayers.
Yes sir. *finger guns*
Written prayers are thought and desperation in pen. Poetry, lyric, and psalm used to convey emotion. I believe a prayer doesn't necessarily need to be uttered out loud, and I have used poetry many times to cry out to him.
We need someone to hear us speak. The world wears on the soul, and every painful decision seems to tangle the thoughts in our minds. Jesus knew life on earth wasn't easy, he walked among the people, suffered for their sins. Before his ascension into heaven he gave the Holy Spirit so we have the privilege of talking to God without going through a priest.
Conversation is vital for a relationship, and while written communication might work well for certain people, I know it won't suit everyone. King David was a gifted writer from his childhood, blessed by God to have the ability to express himself through ink. What's imperative, is clear communication without distractions, and hon, let me tell you, people say I give out mixed signals. I don't mean to, though when you're feeling as if you can't completely be honest or afraid to say the wrong thing, you're going to confuse.
So I write, and it's not that I'm writing an essay, only a few sentences. Though if those words are straight from the soul, it's all that's needed. Eloquence comes with patience. My main point is not that any Christian is required to write their prayers down, yet will find praying in solitude can mature a person by helping them to rely more on Christ.
Matthew 6:5-6
And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Quite honestly, praying used to cause me anxiety, or rather, I was the one who worried she wasn't praying right. My focus was on the words I uttered and not the thought behind them. I usually pray on my own, not because I'm embarrassed to be doing it, though because I get distracted. And still, the body of believers should meet together often.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What does "praying without ceasing" mean?
Live in prayer, wake up in the morning with a "Good morning Lord, thank you for bringing me through the night! Please be with my brothers and sisters, give them peace, and help me to glorify you today!" Carry that prayer with you, seeking his guidance and discernment as you face trials and even when you find your day is going well. Thank him for his mercy, the sun in the sky, and the food on your plate. Give someone you love a hug and ask Jesus to bless them. When the stars come out, let God lead you outside to be in wonder. End the day with a "Lord Jesus, thank you for not giving up on me, blessed be your name, amen." Repeat as many times as necessary. Don't stop praying, please.
Kathy0 wrote:Rant about children. :evil:
Oh goodness.
Well, firstly, I am a child...and will always consider myself to be one, because I am a child of God.
I love hanging out with kids, really. Yes, it can be exhausting, yet it's also really...fortifying to be around people who don't glorify bitterness and selfishness, who are always up to hear one of my dumb jokes 8-) Of course kids are not perfect, obviously. I believe we were born into sin. Though, our actions and behaviors still are heavily influenced by what we consume, what we allow to encourage us.
There's conflict. I do understand that you might not feel comfortable being around kids. All of that is reasonable, people have issues, and tragedies, and compulsions. God made us different from each other so we can compliment each other. It's wonderful we're not all hyperactive goofballs or we might not be successful in everything, and I know people suffer, perhaps they do struggle to be patient with kids, and that's not wonderful. We've got different temperaments. Yet this is good work, that we all might try to show kindness when we can. To decide whether or not to gentle and encouraging when speaking to a child, to build their confidence, or destroy it with doubt. At any moment, we can live out our faith, and know it doesn't need to be with an equal of stature or position.
Matthew 18:4
Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 25:45
The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.
I find it appalling the way children can be, and are being treated. And yet I complain and snap myself. I should be more patient.
Kaida wrote:How many pairs of shoes do you own?
What color is your doorknob?
Do you have a bookshelf in your room?
What song is stuck in your head at the moment?
What is that one decoration in your room that you really like?
DO YOU KNOW THE MUFFIN MAN?
Four.
Silver. I had to look, I am mortified.
Yes.
Concerning Hobbits.
My paper lanterns.
Yes. He's amazing. 8-)

As I should add, I'm sorry for not answering these wonderfully challenging (and fun) questions sooner. I spent a terrible amount of time rearranging my letters and decided to let it be. If you are curious about anything I said or didn't explain well enough, feel free to ask me.
Thank you three!!
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Which books do you recommend? Give me a list.
What's your favorite genre of books?
Do you banana?
What's your favorite children's book?
#ForeverKitty