Personal Q&A thread

Know the user!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

But doesn't being ready for His return include more than just calling Him Jesus Son of God then?

Why is it a sin? Didn't Jesus drink and wasn't His first miracle making wine?

Isn't that just your interpretation? What if someone elses interpretation says Christ is created?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

-Yes! Of course! Being ready is about your relationship with the Lord!

-Well, actually, no. While, yes, I totally encourage total abstainence, wine was more of a water preserver. It would be more of a 20:1 or a 10:1, not the kind where you would be drunk.

-Once, a teacher asked his student, "Who was the first person to be born again?" None of his students gave a right answer. Finally, the teacher answered, "Jesus Christ. He who was born of the spirit must be born of the flesh so that you, who are born of the flesh, may be born of the spirit."
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
John Chrysostom

So if wine back then couldn't get you drunk why were there verses against being drunk?

That doesn't answer my question, why do you get to say Christ is fully God and fully man? What if someone claims Scripture says that Christ was just a man and your story isn't Scripture?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

-I said not the kind where you would be drunk, as in, it's not hard liquor but it's not grape juice. And where exactly do you see Jesus drinking wine?

-Well then they're wrong, flat-out!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
John Chrysostom

Well the Last Supper if you want to be explicit but also as you say He would have had to since water by itself wasn't safe to drink. But in any case what is your source that wine had a lower alcohol content than today?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Someone who isn't under the delusion that man is basically good.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

That gives us no insight into the credibility of your statement. What reason/source do you have for saying wine had a lower alcohol content in Jesus' time?

Personally, I believe that Jesus drank wine, and that partaking in it in moderation is not a sin.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Tea Ess wrote:That gives us no insight into the credibility of your statement. What reason/source do you have for saying wine had a lower alcohol content in Jesus' time?

Personally, I believe that Jesus drank wine, and that partaking in it in moderation is not a sin.
LOL whatever dude. I suppose it also turns into His blood and such when you drink and that if your BAC breaches 9.0 you are purer than pure... =P~

Chill out bro. That's your opinion.
John Chrysostom

hahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahha..........hahahahhahahahahahahha his opinion
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

John Chrysostom wrote:hahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahha..........hahahahhahahahahahahha his opinion
My thoughts exactly. Now I'm sure I know why you don't think drinking is a sin!
John Chrysostom

Please share your opinion on why I don't
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

John Chrysostom wrote:hahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahha..........hahahahhahahahahahahha his opinion
I rest my case.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Amerigo Primero wrote:
Tea Ess wrote:That gives us no insight into the credibility of your statement. What reason/source do you have for saying wine had a lower alcohol content in Jesus' time?

LOL whatever dude. I suppose it also turns into His blood and such when you drink and that if your BAC breaches 9.0 you are purer than pure... =P~

Chill out bro. That's your opinion.
I think you're somewhat misunderstanding my post. I did not make a statement on the alcohol content of wine, I simply stated that in order to show the credibility of your assertion, you need to give some kind of reliable source.

That's not an "opinion" on my part, it's a request that you give some support to your statement. For example, imagine that you said that owls are colorblind, and I asked you for a source. Saying "well, that's just your opinion" to me doesn't make any sense, because I didn't express an opinion, I asked you to expand on yours.

Historically, our conversations have been very frustrating for me, so it's possible I'm overly tense when I respond to you now.

I actually had my first glass of wine last week. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but maybe that'll change in the future. :p
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

*pops head in for the first time*

O_O

Dude. This has got to be the most heated 'personal Q&A' thread I've ever seen O.o

Um, what's your MTBI personality type?
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

ENF-J ("The Protagonist").
ENFJs are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, ENFJs take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.
This was probably Ronald Reagan's personality type.
Last edited by Dredge on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Why am I not surprised?
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Connie G. wrote:Why am I not surprised?
Because you already figured.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

What is your favorite animal?
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Quite honestly, as heated as it has become, I find it fascinating.

When did you first become a Christian? (Accept Jesus as your Lord)
Who are your favourite theologians?
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

-The lion. Which is why I (early on) supported Lion Ted!

-About 9 years old.

-Well, I have to say Dr. David Jeremiah is one, I also felt as though the depth of refelection behind the beliefs of people like William Carey and David Wilkerson is also quite awesome.