Ask a Political Analyst!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

SimplyDredge wrote:-Should not the money go to the treasury to begin with? Let them collect!
The IRS is part of the Treasury department. You'll always need an IRS like agency even if you don't call it the IRS.
Returning the ability for open discussion to facilities like schools and stopping lawsuits based on one's expression of faith.
What are some examples of these lawsuits? And also what discussions can one not have?
I project the next President will appoint four justices. You can swing a court like that.
And you think Trump will appoint pro-life justices?
It is a calculated risk, seeing as though the population of Europe and maybe even America is at risk here.
What about the population of the Middle East?
Cutting down on waste, fraud, and abuse.
How much will the wall cost and how much will doing those things save?
They are clearly getting double their share of media coverage. :boohoo:
Are you mocking the loss of human life of refugees who are fleeing ISIS?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

-We are gonna dissolve the IRS, and we are gonna fix the tax code and stick a flat rate on it!

-http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/inde ... n_gra.html
http://www.republicanoperative.com/comm ... ss/?p=3144
What is happening in America is an increasing hostility and intolerance toward Christian beliefs and values that many perceive to be an attack on religious freedom. In current American culture, you are free to be a Christian as long as you don’t actually live out your faith, vote your faith, take a stand in relation to your faith, or believe others should embrace your faith.
From "Are Christians in America Under Attack?"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IjgBdjH7RA
And so on.

-Who else can we count on, Hillary and Bernie?

-It is frankly, less numerous than those in Europe.

-The wall is probably $12-to-$15 billion and we could likely cut spending by $20 billion in 2 years.

-Well, obviously, if you die it is ISIS' fault, am I right?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Do you think christians should recieve special treatment or be favored when it comes to government or law-making? If so, why?
John Chrysostom

SimplyDredge wrote:We are gonna dissolve the IRS, and we are gonna fix the tax code and stick a flat rate on it!
You still need someone to collect a flat tax.

So with the first lawsuit, are you really saying that the government not funding a giant cross on city property is persecution and an abolishment of free speech?

As for Kim Davis that's a whole other can of worms since she was a public official not a private citizen.

The "preacher" in the video was being really rude, not saying he deserved to be punched, but he was clearly free to yell rude things at people so I don't see this persecution you are talking about.
SimplyDredge wrote:Who else can we count on, Hillary and Bernie?
Fair enough but do you have any evidence that Trump is pro-life?
SimplyDredge wrote:It is frankly, less numerous than those in Europe.
So because there are less people in the Middle East it's okay to use nuclear weapons, kill tens of thousands of innocents, and create nuclear fallout for the entire region?
SimplyDredge wrote:The wall is probably $12-to-$15 billion and we could likely cut spending by $20 billion in 2 years.
Any evidence for those claims?
SimplyDredge wrote:Well, obviously, if you die it is ISIS' fault, am I right?
Even if that were true why are you mocking them?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Are... we... seriously doing this? Really?
This is a question thread, not a debate one. If you want to have a debate, schedule it ahead and bring a moderator. We can have it in #debate, bring at least 3 spectators, I will bring three as well. I submit a request for Catspaw to moderate this, July 6 at 9:00 pm New York time.
The theme, will, frankly, be: Should Donald Trump Become President? A Look at Conservative and Liberal Viewpoints.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
John Chrysostom

Okay I'll drop the Trump topics for now.

Why do you have a total disregard for human life?
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

There exists the Campbell College Debate Society faction for debating as well.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

John Chrysostom wrote:Okay I'll drop the Trump topics for now.

Why do you have a total disregard for human life?
-I do not have a total disregard for human life. There are 742.5 million people in Europe, which is in immediate danger. Syria's population is 22 million. Basic laws of math mean that you have to count up from 22 million to get to 742 million, and therefore more lives are at stake in the free world.
John Chrysostom

Are people in Europe in more immediate danger than people in Syria?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

John Chrysostom wrote:Are people in Europe in more immediate danger than people in Syria?
-When you give it some long, hard thought. Yes. There could be a suicide bombing as I'm talking to you and hundreds would die. In Syria, it is more organized; therefore, civilians can and will flee a site in immediate peril.
John Chrysostom

How many people do you think have died in the Syrian conflict since 2011?

Also what do you mean by Syria is "more organized"?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

I'm guessing almost 480,000 lives at this point.

When you know that you know you live in a war zone, you are more alert and more likelky to take precautions and flee areas in immediate danger of attack.
John Chrysostom

Okay so 480,000 lives, how many lives in Europe and America do you think have been lost to terrorism?

The entire country is a war zone though, there are 12 million internally displaced Syrians. As you said around 480,000 have died because civilians have no idea when areas are in immediate danger of attack. What you're saying makes no sense, also many of those deaths are from things like lack of clean water or medical supplies because it's a war zone. What you're saying makes about as much sense as saying Europeans and Americans live where terrorist attacks occur so they should be more alert, take precautions, and flee areas in immediate danger of a terrorist attack, does that make sense to you?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

John Chrysostom wrote:Okay so 480,000 lives, how many lives in Europe and America do you think have been lost to terrorism?

The entire country is a war zone though, there are 12 million internally displaced Syrians. As you said around 480,000 have died because civilians have no idea when areas are in immediate danger of attack. What you're saying makes no sense, also many of those deaths are from things like lack of clean water or medical supplies because it's a war zone. What you're saying makes about as much sense as saying Europeans and Americans live where terrorist attacks occur so they should be more alert, take precautions, and flee areas in immediate danger of a terrorist attack, does that make sense to you?
You know what? Let's have a policy debate. You set the date, the time, and we can choose a moderator together. Agreed?
John Chrysostom

Or I can go start a topic in the debate area since I doubt our schedules sync up well to a live debate.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

John Chrysostom wrote:Or I can go start a topic in the debate area since I doubt our schedules sync up well to a live debate.
OK, also please post a link here so users can access it.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Here is the link: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=34912
However, first you will have to join the Campbell College Debate Society faction.

Go to http://thetoo.com/ucp.php?i=167, find Campbell College Debate Society and select it, then scroll to the bottom and press the select button. You should be approved to join after a few days. Once you are added, you will see the faction in the "Subscription Based Content" section near the bottom of the front page.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

SimplyDredge wrote: We can have it in #debate, bring at least 3 spectators, I will bring three as well. I submit a request for Catspaw to moderate this, July 6 at 9:00 pm New York time.
I think we should revisit this idea, as it sounds to me to be something that Catspaw would be most pleased to give of her time to accomplish.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

The Top Crusader wrote:
SimplyDredge wrote: We can have it in #debate, bring at least 3 spectators, I will bring three as well. I submit a request for Catspaw to moderate this, July 6 at 9:00 pm New York time.
I think we should revisit this idea, as it sounds to me to be something that Catspaw would be most pleased to give of her time to accomplish.
Only if potential donors will attend. \:D/

-- Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:58 pm --

By the way, some of the content at the debate will include...
https://i.sli.mg/Of52V5.jpg
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Be careful, or Hillary is gonna join the ToO and tell you to close your account. :anxious: