Something Blue

aww man

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Something Blue

Post by dancer02248 »

okay, this episode gets to me every time. whenever i hear connie say
"i think you better un-engage us"
and then Mitch reluctantly says
"Connie, will you not Mary Me"
and she barely gets out a "i won't"between tears.....it is an awesome two parter in my opinion...

i normally don't like to start topics about just one episode, but i REALLY like this one. often times i put a cd in my player and will listen to it over and over for a while, so i've listened to this one a lot a bit ago, and i absolutely love it...what do you guys think?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

dancer02248 wrote:okay, this episode gets to me every time. whenever i hear connie say
and she barely gets out a "i won't"between tears.....it is an awesome two parter in my opinion...
That scene always gets a contented sigh from me.

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about that ep. On the one hand I think it's terrific that they ended the C&M relationship and got rid of Mitch. On the other hand, the Mitch I heard wasn't the Mitch I had been hearing up til then. I would've perfered that they would've ended it by having the characters realize how stupid they'd been, instead of turning Mitch into a jerk.

But since they didn't get married, I've got nothing to complain about.

-Jonathan
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It would have been nice if Mitch had not turned out to be such a jerk. That is why I'm glad they did not get married. Connie would've been miserable.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yeah, that scene always brings tears to my eyes. And then, just a minute later, I have to laugh when they're having their non-wedding recepetion.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I think it is cute! But, I like a couple seens after that one better. Where she thinks Mitch is getting kidnapped! I love it! :D
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

that episode gets mixed feelings from me as well...it bothered me how indeciseve connie and mitch were and how they kept second guessing their decisions. i liked their relationship initially but it dragged out too long and got annoying.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Haha! Yes! They split up! Good for them!

Okay, so maybe those thoughts weren;t going through my head, but it was how I felt. Mitch was so much better in the very beginning and then he just got worse.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I never really disliked Mitch, but I never liked him. You know what I mean?
They did drag their relationship on too long. But then they ended it kinda wrong.

Sinerely,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

For me it's not a matter of liking Mitch or not, or if their relationship went on too long, or etc.; it was the way it was handled. I won't get into it know, but I think it set a horrible example for a relationship in a Christian context.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I prefer listening to the scene where Connie is at Mitch's grave. :anxious:
Somehow the emotion of Connie actually thinking Mitch is dead appeals to me more than Mitch "un-engaging" them. :-s
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:Somehow the emotion of Connie actually thinking Mitch is dead appeals to me more than Mitch "un-engaging" them. :-s
Me too, b/c it gave us some great scenes. Which is why it bugged me that they brought him back; it took away from those moments.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:Me too, b/c it gave us some great scenes.
I really like the scene with Connie and Whit after the memorial service.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:
And the scene at his grave, and the scenes with Wooten and the scenes with his sister... I honestly felt cheated when he came back.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:
Chandler wrote:
And the scene at his grave, and the scenes with Wooten and the scenes with his sister... I honestly felt cheated when he came back.

-Jonathan
I had already mentioned the grave scene. O:) You're right that the Wooton scenes were great too. It showed a side of him that is very appealing to the fans. :)
The scenes with Rachel are nice, although she's letting slip that she knows he's alive so it's not quite so powerful. :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:I had already mentioned the grave scene. O:) You're right that the Wooton scenes were great too. It showed a side of him that is very appealing to the fans. :)
It was those scenes that made me a fan of him for the first time.
Chandler wrote:The scenes with Rachel are nice, although she's letting slip that she knows he's alive so it's not quite so powerful. :-k
True. Though I was referring more to the first few scenes with her.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:
Chandler wrote:I had already mentioned the grave scene. O:) You're right that the Wooton scenes were great too. It showed a side of him that is very appealing to the fans. :)
It was those scenes that made me a fan of him for the first time.
I think it helped a not of people who weren't so pleased with his addition.
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

the one that always makes me cry is when Connie says she's okay at Mitch being "dead" and she comes back to Whit 2 seconds later because she's not okay. :mecry:
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

HarlowRoxMySox wrote:the one that always makes me cry is when Connie says she's okay at Mitch being "dead" and she comes back to Whit 2 seconds later because she's not okay. :mecry:
Yeah, that is very touching. :)
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Jonathan wrote:
dancer02248 wrote:okay, this episode gets to me every time. whenever i hear connie say
That scene always gets a contented sigh from me.
*LOLs for real right here in the computer lab.*

I am just glad to have everyrthing overwith... no more stress. Woot!
Not dead yet.
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

I actually really liked the Connie/Mitch thing. It's sad that their relationship is over, but more sad that Mitch won't be on the show anymore.

I mean, come on, he was great in Here Today, Gone Tomorrow...