Solve the Clues Type Them In Solve the Puzzle WIN THE MONEY

I promise, it will actually happen this time.

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.

Which type of bracket would you prefer?

Option A(Traditional bracket, with one three-person match on the first level, and a three-person final)
60%
Option B(Pool, finalists determined by fastest time)
40%

Total votes: 5

Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Solve the Clues Type Them In Solve the Puzzle WIN THE MONEY

Post by Woody »

Hey there, all you puzzle-lovers(Or money-lovers, whatever)! Look what's back! (Again)

During Moosewood's term, I regretted how little this event was done(We did one game, to be exact.) So, back at the beginning of Limedoils' term, I asked them if they wouldn't mind sponsoring a continuation. In response, they gave me a wonderful $1,000 grant with which to fund the prizes for the game. \:D/ Well, since then, I've been pretty busy, so I haven't had the chance to run it. Well, with school about to start back up, I want to squeeze this in before the summer is over. So here it is, for the third time, Solve the Clues, Type Them In, Solve the Puzzle, WIN THE MONEY!!! \:D/

I realize that this has already had another thread, but I've decided to completely restart the game, since many of the players signed up in the old thread are now inactive, and simply to have a fresh start.

For this continuation, I've decided to revamp(anyone know what that even means? :p) the game, changing things up a bit. One of the largest concerns about this game is that the nature of it favors those who are online more often. Well, I've managed to think up a fix to that. For this edition, I will be holding sign-ups. Once the sign-up period has ended, you will all be put into a bracket(size depending on how many people we get). Then, I will host a series of matches where two individuals will face off. These will be held at an agreed-upon time which will be determined by the two players and myself. The winner of the bracket will take home a large prize, and there will also be small prizes for each individual match (the exact amounts will depend on the number of players). The puzzles for each same-level matchup face will be the same, so everything is equal, and bookworm doesn't miss a puzzle.

Yes, I realize this complicates things, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. It will also probably take longer, but I think it's worth it to have a better game.

Of course, if you all feel differently, we can switch back to the original format.

With that, sign-ups are now open! You may sign up any time between now and 11:59 PM PDT August 15, 2015.

8 players would be the ideal number, but I will figure out a way to make it work with more or less. :)

Players:
bookworm
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm definitely in still!
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

I'll play! Sounds fun!
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Eh, sure, why not. Count me in!
Countess

Post by Countess »

Sign me up.
Okie
Just visiting

Post by Okie »

So... How do you play?
Woody

Post by Woody »

It's a fairly simple game. I'll give both members of the matchup a link to a password-protected site, and clues to the Username and Password. Once you've logged in successfully, you'll be presented with a puzzle. The first person to correctly solve the puzzle wins that round. :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Thanks for explaining! I was like...So how exactly is this going to work...But crystal clear now.
I'd like to join as well then.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Okie
Just visiting

Post by Okie »

Me too, Ill try it!
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

I guess I'm in too.
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Woody

Post by Woody »

Technically, the deadline is past, but I'll let it slide.

So, with 7 people, it's hard to make an even bracket. If any of you know someone who would like to join, please tell them, an eighth player would even everything up nicely.

In absence of an eighth player, we have two options for the first round.

A. We'll have two one-on-one matches and one three person match. The winners of these three matches will proceed to the final round.
B. You will all compete in a single pool, timed on separate occasions(getting seven people on at the same time would be a nightmare). The top three will proceed to the final round.

I'm going to add a poll to the thread, and you can vote for your favorite option. Again, the ideal number would be eight, so we could have a three round bracket of one-on-one matches.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Individual heats is a great idea I hadn't thought of, and actually probably the best way to run the entire contest really. You only need to coordinate with one person at a time to set a starting point.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Ok, I'd be in, but Okie and I will be gone until monday... I don't konw how that will work out but there's that.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

Whooooohooo! Sounds fun!
So.... how're you gonna be sure that someone is online to give the link??
Woody

Post by Woody »

I'll set up a meeting time with them. :)

Quick, someone break the tie!
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

Come onnn! One more!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Well, I think I'll be the final voter and choose the pool option. :p

I'll start designing the first puzzle today, and I'll be contacting each of you to set up a time to meet so I can time you as soon as I've finished. :)
Countess

Post by Countess »

Sorry, but it looks like I'll have to bow out of this game. Not going to be around for it, or if I am, can't plan that way. :(
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

Excuse me, when will this start?
Woody

Post by Woody »

Soon. I haven't forgotten about it, but planning for main Doctor Song events have been getting in the way. I'm hoping to start within the next two weeks. :)