Ask a Half-Hearted Cypherpunk

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Should I change my avatar?
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Moontide wrote:Should I change my avatar?
Are you duty-bound to change your avatar? Probably not, unless you know something I don't.

Are you likely to change your avatar? At some point.

Would it be in your best interest to change your avatar? That depends on what you seek from your avatar.
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

Do you like to answer questions with more questions?
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

I think we often rush to conclusions far too quickly. Learning is much more valuable than knowing, because, given enough time, the person who learns must always pass the person who knows.

This approach is a very practical one. A methodology common among technology startups and popularized in the book The Lean Startup emphasizes learning how to learn as the most effective means of surpassing one's competition.

It's very analogous to a race car driver not focusing on his location on the track, nor even focusing on his speed, but instead focusing on his acceleration. In the same way, the most effective way to improve is not to focus on what one knows, nor even to focus on what one is beginning to know, but rather to focus on improving one's ability to acquire more knowledge.

So, yes: I am fond of exploring a question by asking more.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

How do I tell when taking a break is useful or just procrastination.