Dreams

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Dreams

Post by Jehoshaphat »

So dreams. Anybody have any interesting ones to share?

This morning I had a sad/happy type of dream. In the dream a person I knew he recently died was raised from the dead which was really cool and happy but then when I woke up it was sad because I knew he was still dead.

This is the place to share your subconscious!
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

You want dream stories, boy do I have them.....
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

I had an awful dream last night that our house was infested with tiny grey/white spiders. They were the jumpy ones too...So to start off this wonderful story: I was walking (casually...You know if you were wondering...) into the living room when all of a sudden I noticed something moving in the glass bowl on our coffee table. I leaned closer to investigate and jumped back in the realization that it was hundreds of tiny spiders moving around. I obviously screamed and ran away. The rest of my family came over to look and for some reason decided to start killing them with a grey flashlight...I don't know why, but the way they "killed" them was a gentle tap in the bowl full of spiders. While I was watching the pathetic move to kill them I felt something drop on my head. I didn't notice it at first, but then I saw a tiny spider leap off my head right in front of my face. I screamed bloody murder, and all of a sudden I was armed with a hose type thing. I turned it on and started spraying the whole room. By now the spiders were dropping from the ceiling, and we were all freaking out.

But as all dreams go...The scene switched to one were I was at a gymnastics meet and my friends mom turned into a zombie. So....Yah.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

My most noticeable dreams lately have been ones of flying. I love flying. Waking up is always dreadfully annoying. :/
And then there were the dreams where I was Superman and one of the movies coming out this 2015 year was entitled 'Bobo the Clown'.

This will be interesting if people participate often in this thread;) Dreams usually create wonderful plot bunnies.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Last night I dreamt that I found some kind of pen with a microphone communication thingy(probably the green pen from my first book :p)

Anywho, in the dream, I could use it to talk to Sam. I was super sad when I woke up and discovered it wasn't real :(
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Woody wrote:Last night I dreamt that I found some kind of pen with a microphone communication thingy(probably the green pen from my first book :p)

Anywho, in the dream, I could use it to talk to Sam. I was super sad when I woke up and discovered it wasn't real :(
You too mate? I have has a similar dream... That is kinda odd, but we both feel like her brother I know, and we both go back many years... I guess it is not too odd, but still... :? It was no pen though, much more spiderman-like. :P
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

LIGHTNING wrote:
Woody wrote:Last night I dreamt that I found some kind of pen with a microphone communication thingy(probably the green pen from my first book :p)

You too mate? I have has a similar dream... That is kinda odd, but we both feel like her brother I know, and we both go back many years... I guess it is not too odd, but still... :? It was no pen though, much more spiderman-like. :P
Okay I kid you not...I had a dream that sam and I were PMing on the chat. I like hardily know her, but that was mah dream so yeah...Coincidence?
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

PaulaJarvis wrote:
LIGHTNING wrote:

Okay I kid you not...I had a dream that sam and I were PMing on the chat. I like hardily know her, but that was mah dream so yeah...Coincidence?
Wait, what? All three of us? wow What does it mean? Really, do you think it means something?
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

LIGHTNING wrote:
PaulaJarvis wrote:
LIGHTNING wrote:

Wait, what? All three of us? wow What does it mean? Really, do you think it means something?
I have absolutely no idea...I kind of just wanted to end that sentence...Ummmm...Dramatically. Heh.
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Woody

Post by Woody »

Maybe it means Sam is coming back! \:D/

I was once again disappointed to wake up this morning, as I was dreaming about new Doctor Who episodes coming out during the off-season. :(

But I woke up to the news that Osgood is returning in Series 9, so it's all good \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I had a dream I met Tikvah. =o Well, Fay did, but I met her because I was there =p Anyway, they were doing some weird maze puzzle with the elevators in a hotel and one stopped working so we called the elevator service and soon after an arsonist attacked the building we were in =o I woke up right as the arsonist was walking towards me.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, that sounds like a good time to wake up, Penguin!

I had a weird dream the other night that a great-aunt that I haven't seen in years kept calling to talk. I know she was calling about something really important, but I can't remember what it was. Very odd. No idea where that one came from!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Penguin wrote:I had a dream I met Tikvah. =o Well, Fay did, but I met her because I was there =p Anyway, they were doing some weird maze puzzle with the elevators in a hotel and one stopped working so we called the elevator service and soon after an arsonist attacked the building we were in =o I woke up right as the arsonist was walking towards me.
SPOILER: I was the arsonist. :dark:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

A few minutes after I woke up this morning, I remembered that I had a dream where I got to see the new Star Wars movie early at a local theatre, where I was astounded by my good luck but where they kept stopping the movie for weird improv stuff with audience participation, and there was also some person with a secret identity who I discovered was a murderer. I rarely remember my dreams, and I know there were lots of more details that I do not recall, but that's plenty of weirdness right there! :mad:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

o.0 haha, wow, Catspaw. =p So you basically saved the day? \:D/

Has anyone ever had a dream but not remember it until way later in the day? That has happened to be several times, and later that day I'll be doing something only to suddenly have this whole flashback moment and be all like *mind blown* =o
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jehoshaphat wrote: This morning I had a sad/happy type of dream. In the dream a person I knew he recently died was raised from the dead which was really cool and happy but then when I woke up it was sad because I knew he was still dead.
I almost always have dreams like that soon after someone I know dies. It is sort of a weird bittersweet feeling. I specifically remember days after my father-in-law died dreaming that he was there and just joking around about everyone thinking he was dead when he was totally fine.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I rarely remember my dreams. I usually remember my nightmares. Or like the very action filled ones. But it's rare. Last one I remember there were aliens. Or we were the aliens. I can't fully remember. OH WAIT NO. Last one was me visiting snubs and her siblings. =D We were all in her kitchen talking. It was nice. Can't remember what we were talking about but it looked like something cool.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

Okay, so what about the dreams you have and years later it happens IRL and you remember that you had dreamt it?? Now THAT is one crazy feeling.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Wow Countess.
Have you ever dreamed something and then woke up, and the whole day been thinking "I should've done that differently in my dream!"

I dreamed once that I met Bethany Shepard from the Soda Shoppe, and we went to a restaurant and had chicken fried steak. The roof leaked A LOT, so every table had a bucket on it to catch the drips. We ended up changing tables several times when the buckets ran over. The restaurant had a metal roof, and the chairs were wooden and painted in bright colors. The waitress had black spiky hair in a Mohawk which was slightly worrying Bethany.
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

snubs wrote:o.0 haha, wow, Catspaw. =p So you basically saved the day? \:D/

Has anyone ever had a dream but not remember it until way later in the day? That has happened to be several times, and later that day I'll be doing something only to suddenly have this whole flashback moment and be all like *mind blown* =o
I guess so! \:D/

I have had that happen to me a few times. I'm talking to somebody and suddenly realize that I'm thinking about a "conversation" that happened in my dream hours earlier, and of course it never actually makes any sense once I think of it, but it's very weird.

I was actually just thinking about this thread, because I had another odd dream that I can only remember pieces of, but for some reason in my dream I was in a high school with Jonathan Toews (a NHL player that I do not care for, partly because I don't like his team, the Chicago Blackhawks) and he was new to the school and I found him wandering in the hallway and he was lost and I felt really bad for him and helped him out. I woke up and went, "Umm, what was that?" :mad: Very odd. No idea where that one came from!