Ember Patrol: Death by Desert

Subcypher Chatroom RPG

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Excerpt from the journal of Gareth Trevelyan
Seeing Cyrus fall, Pete ran into his room and blasted another hole in the wall, but this time to the outside. We entered just in time to catch him about to jump through but with Levi's dog pulling him back. Levi tackled him away from the hole and I walled it up before Pete got free. He levitated to the ceiling but we were able to finish him off.

The immediate problem solved we turned attention to the next. How to get out of this now that the whole castle knew something was wrong. We reasoned that they didn't know we were the attackers at the moment, so it didn't ruin the overall original plan that they discovered the bodies early, it just moved up our timetable. If we could leave the area without being identified we could still proceed. We couldn't get out without being seen so we got the idea to try distracting them with some coins we found in the room. If they wanted to go after that more than us they would get in and fight over it with their leaders gone while we slipped away. We went back through the hall, scattering coins on the way, and reappeared on the roof. I walled the door behind us to encourage them to go in the room rather than follow and they took the bait.

We got back down to the courtyard but had to split up after some people caught sight of Olwen. I circled back to the castle entrance to stir the chaos and try to locate the baker's boy.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

* journal pending (Mercenary Occupation, Session 8)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I made my way through the chaos to the dungeon and located the cell where the boy was being held. I tried picking the lock but couldn't get it, so I set the wooden door on fire. It smouldered rather than blazed though and began filling the basement with thick smoke. Running out of time I forced through the weakened door into the cellblock proper and fortunately getting the cells themselves opened was easier. I freed the prisoners just as an explosion sounded in the courtyard.

I passed around some makeshift disguises and we made our way upstairs. The confusion and infighting seemed to be giving way to general panic, I supposed our reinforcements had arrived and the mercenaries that remained were starting to realize things were nearing an end. I got the captives outside and took stock of the situation. The fighting had subsided, several people had fled entirely, the rest were actually retreating up into the tower to barricade themselves. Eventually the Embers got everyone rounded up and we turned attention to wrapping up loose ends.
Woody

Post by Woody »

* journal pending (Fugitive Pursuit Solo Mission)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We searched through what was left in the castle finding some good loot, but more important was finding good information. We had to find out what all these mercenaries were called in for and when whatever it was was happening. We discovered a letter which confirmed the troubling suspicion I had been forming; they were headed for Dawn Fortress! The order appeared to come from the Emperor himself and accused the Embers of treason.

The baker thanked us for rescuing her son and the boy provided some additional information. He said these mercenaries were just part of what was going on, there were two other armies they were supposed to meet up with before mounting the attack. We had to get back to Ursa as soon as possible so they could prepare. On the way back we split up to track down a few of the fleeing mercenaries to try gaining any other intel that could help us figure out exactly what was going on.
Woody

Post by Woody »

* journal pending (Barbarian Camp, Session 1)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

* journal pending Fugitive Pursuit (Solo Mission)
Woody

Post by Woody »

TBD
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TBD
Woody

Post by Woody »

TBD
Last edited by Woody on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TBD
Woody

Post by Woody »

TBD
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TBD
Woody

Post by Woody »

TBD
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TBD
Woody

Post by Woody »

TBD
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TBD
Woody

Post by Woody »

TBD
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TBD
Woody

Post by Woody »

TBD