Cyberchase

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cyberchase

Post by bookworm »

I used to watch Cyberchase all the time years ago. From the very beginning in fact. I remember when it premiered; I watched the first episode and was a fan from the start. I recently heard they started making new episodes again after the show had been out of production for a while and it made me want to go back and revisit it since all the episodes are available on the PBS website (except for the pilot, but that is on YouTube (as are the rest of the episodes actually, but PBS has better quality video)) so I started watching through all of them again.

I was surprised to see how many seasons there are, I had apparently only watched through the first four on television. The episodes I’d already seen were just as fun as I remembered them, and I’m excited there are ones I haven’t seen so I can have new experiences with an old favorite show.
Even though the math level is for kids, the show doesn’t have to be. The clever world with all the different themed sites is fun for anyone with imagination. Speaking to the math though, the way that learning and working with the concepts are actually parts of the story of the episode is a really effective way to impart the information. And the For Real features are a fun way to solidify things by providing real life applications.
The stories are good and the characters are fun; it’s quite possibly the best educational cartoon ever made.

Was anyone else here a fan of this show? Or even better, still a fan?
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Dude, this show was my entire life in third grade. I wanted to skip Vacation Bible School so that I could be home when it was on once. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, other PBS shows I watched now and then, I had some I liked but I didn’t make a special point to schedule watching them, but this was the one show I made sure to watch every single day. Until Fetch premiered, and then it was both. Which was easy because, if I recall correctly, they aired back to back. Ah, the memories.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

i watched half of one episode when i was 7, and it scared me really bad. never watched it again
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Jamesobie
Gold Member

Post by Jamesobie »

I liked that show when I was like, 7.
-Trenton Landmark<><
P.S. The Bones rule, and the Israelites drool.
In memory of StrongNChrist, whom I never met.Image
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

DUDE.
You just earned some MAJOR brownie points in my book. :mrgreen:

I used to watch this every day, until our local PBS station stopped playing them about two years ago...
I've been trying to find someone my age who at least used to watch it, but I'd grown tired of asking.
I need to start watching them again.
I never could decide if Digit, or the Hacker was my favorite character... :mrgreen:
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well, Hacker has the coolest ship. The look and even the name. The Grim Wreaker, because he wreaks havoc. So great.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

But it's also a choice between Gilbert Gottfried, and Christopher Lloyd... I JUST CAN'T DECIDE! :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I know this is a slight bump, but @bookworm's CYberchse set reminded me of the show. I used to watch it every day after school. Christopher Lloyd was in an episode of NCIS recently and it made me giddy cause it was The Hacker. :D
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I still think this is one of the all time great educational shows!
Patterson
Tallying up

Post by Patterson »

Strangely enough this was the one PBS kids show my parents never let me and my siblings watch. To this day I have no idea why. WordGirl and Fetch were our favorites.
"Patterson! You're alive!" "No, I'm not Patterson. I'm his uh... brother, uh... Shmatterson!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------