Football Pool VI

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Football Pool VI

Post by bookworm »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

It’s getting to that time of year!
Posting early to provide plenty of notice for those interested in participating.

As always, Ryder will be running this pool once he shows up, but this year I’m not letting things lapse if when he disappears part way through. I will take over at that point and make sure we get all the weeks tallied.

Like last season, there will be two separate competitions going on through the season.
There will be the regular Weekly Pool where you pay $5 to Ryder each week you play and we have a weekly winner. There will also be the Cumulative Pool run by me which has a one time fee of $10 and runs all season with one winner at the end. Rules and information for each follow:

The Weekly Pool:
Ryder (with some updates) wrote:Q: What do I do in a football pool?

A: You give ToO dollars to win more ToO dollars.

Q: How much is the entry fee?

A: A mere $5!

Q: Who holds the money?

A: Ryder holds all of the prize money and then gives it to the winner when he/she wins.

Q: Okay, so how do I play?

A: You look at the games for the upcoming week and say who you think is going to win. The person who gets the most games right wins all of the entry money. The best part of all of this is that you really don't even need to know anything about football; you just go to http://www.nfl.com or http://www.foxsports.com/nfl, look at the week's games, and guess who you think is going to win.

Q: What if two people tie?

A: Okay, if two people tie with Sunday night football then Monday night will be the tie breaker.

Q: There's only one game on Monday night, what if they both get it right again?

A: Monday night football isn't the same as Sunday night. The two people that are tied are going to have to guess the total combined score of the two teams. Don't forget, after Sunday's games, to check to see whether or not you've tied so you can pm your Monday Night Football Total Combined Score (MNF TCS) right away. Your score needs to be in before kickoff of Monday's game.

Q: What if they both end up guessing the same number?

A: Well, it's first come, first serve. The other person will have to guess another number.
The Cumulative Pool:
This contest is like a supplement to the weekly pool. Anyone that wants to get in pays a one time fee now and the person that has picked the most total wins at the end of the season wins the pot.
This way every week counts for something. If you’re just doing the weekly pool you either win or you lose, and if you lose there’s no compensation at all. This is very frustrating if you lose by only one or two games, or lose on the tie breaker. You got so close, but you don’t get anything to show for it.
If you’re in the cumulative pool, those close losses aren’t in vain. They will be added up at the end of the season for the total win contest.
If you want to participate in the Weekly Pool no notice is required, you can simply pay your fee and post your picks when we get started.

If you want to participate in the Cumulative Pool, you must announce your intention to play and submit your entry fee by season kickoff. You can’t enter after the season starts, and you can’t back out once you’ve entered.

You can participate in either or both of these contests, they are completely separate.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Count me in. Hopefully I don't forget stuff this year!
I am confused
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I will be running my Adrenaline Rush Football Pool II this year as well. $50 entrance fee. In all other regards it will follow the rules of bookworm's pool while remaining a separate entity.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

And the request that if you’re entering that one you also enter mine. Since the draw of the other is simply to go for more money, so there’s no reason not to do both.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

How much is the fee for the cumulative pool?
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

bookworm wrote:the Cumulative Pool ... has a one time fee of $10.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ok, I saw that. :- Really.

I just forgot. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

Hey, hey, hey everybody! Once again I am back on the ToO for the annual football pool :D!!
I would first like to make an apology to all of the participating ToOers for disappearing on you mid season... again. It wasn't my intention to leave you guys hanging the way that I did. I just got caught up with school, work, and wrestling and couldn't find the time to get on here :/. HOWEVER, now that I have graduated I no longer have school or wrestling so I WILL NOT be making the same mistake again! I understand if you don't believe me at this point, but give me one more chance and I'll make it up to ya'll.
Also, I will be making a $65 deposit to all of the participants of last year's football pool to make up for the weeks that I missed. If I forget someone, I'm sorry, just let me know and I'll get you your money.
With that being said... LET'S HAVE ANOTHER GREAT YEAR!! #returnofthepool #6yearsstrong
Last edited by Ryder on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Entered. \:D/

Thursday:
Green Bay at Seattle
Sunday:
New Orleans at Atlanta
Minnesota at St. Louis
Cleveland at Pittsburgh
Jacksonville at Philadelphia
Oakland at NY Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Buffalo at Chicago
Washington at Houston
Tennessee at Kansas City
New England at Miami
Carolina at Tampa Bay
San Francisco at Dallas
Indianapolis at Denver
Monday:
NY Giants at Detroit
San Diego at Arizona
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

On mobile only for a bit. I echo A E s picks. Will send money when I get back on a computer.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Remember that there are Thursday games from the start again; picks posted after kickoff will not be tallied. If you miss the Thursday game you can still post the rest of your picks before Sunday.
Also be sure to put your Monday Night score guess in the donation comment in case we need tiebreakers.

Cumulative Pool entry fees will be accepted until season kickoff Thursday Night if there are still people interested in that who haven’t joined yet.

Week 1:

Thursday:
Green Bay @ Seattle
Sunday:
Buffalo @ Chicago
Cincinnati @ Baltimore
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Washington @ Houston
Jacksonville @ Philadelphia
Tennessee @ Kansas City
New England @ Miami
Minnesota @ St. Louis
New Orleans @ Atlanta
Oakland @ New York Jets
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
San Francisco @ Dallas
Indianapolis @ Denver
Monday:
New York Giants @ Detroit
San Diego @ Arizona
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Dont have time for a full list, but as much as it pains me to say this green bay wins.
I am confused
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thursday:
Green Bay @ Seattle

Sunday:
Buffalo @ Chicago
Cincinnati @ Baltimore
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Washington @ Houston
Tennessee @ Kansas City
New England @ Miami
Minnesota @ St. Louis
New Orleans @ Atlanta
Oakland @ New York Jets
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
San Francisco @ Dallas
Indianapolis @ Denver

Monday:
San Diego @ Arizona
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

Thursday:
Green Bay @ Seattle
Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
Cade
Lurker

Post by Cade »

Thursday:
Green Bay @ Seattle

Sunday:
Buffalo @ Chicago
Cincinnati @ Baltimore
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Washington @ Houston
Tennessee @ Kansas City
New England @ Miami
Minnesota @ St. Louis
New Orleans @ Atlanta
Oakland @ New York Jets
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
San Francisco @ Dallas
Indianapolis @ Denver

Monday:
San Diego @ Arizona
Many thanks to Snubs for the awesome sig and avatar!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Which Monday game will the TCS be for this week Ryder? (It doesn't matter to me, my guess applies to either one, but for the sake of other players.)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I want in the cumulative pool as well, but I am possibly blind and not seeing the entry fee? I don't know if I'll be back before kickoff tonight, but can my promise now to send whatever necessary money count? >_>

Thursday:
Green Bay @ Seattle

Sunday:
Buffalo @ Chicago
Cincinnati @ Baltimore
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Washington @ Houston
Tennessee @ Kansas City
New England @ Miami
Minnesota @ St. Louis
New Orleans @ Atlanta
Oakland @ New York Jets
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
San Francisco @ Dallas
Indianapolis @ Denver

Monday:
San Diego @ Arizona
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Of course Top, your word is as good as money!
Only yours though, for anyone else it's cash or no deal. :noway:

The fee has actually been posted multiple times, and it's been $10 each time. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm illiterate to numbers. :(
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Happy to be wrong :)
I am confused